Chapter 8

Dahyun's POV

The sun's slowly rising above as I watched it from a distance by the shore.

I did not intend to sat down alone for that long. Maybe I just got so lost in thought.

"It's too early. What are you doing here?" Shawn's voice emitted from behind me yet again. Why does he always comes up whenever I feel depressed and lonely?

"Just trying to clear my mind." I briefly responded.

He sat down next to me and looked into my eyes, "You look exhausted. Have you been crying?"

"Was it that obvious?" I let our a bitter chuckle.

Shawn didn't respond for a moment to think about what to say to me. I kind of feel bad for him. It seemed like I was being a burden to him, though I never really asked for his help in the first place.

"Why don't we go for a walk by the shore? That will help you clear your mind more effectively." He suggested in which I took the offer.

We walked by the shore in silence. All I could hear was the waves of the sea, the seagulls this early in the morning, and our footsteps as we walked over the sandy ground.

"Sana promised to me that we'll have our wedding by this beach. I wonder if that promise would ever come true one day." I unconsciously stated, as to why I was surprised to hear Shawn responding.

"She will. I'm sure of it."

My eye caught up a piece of wooden stick just laying on the sand. I decided to approach it and pick it up, squatting down.

Through my instincts, I decided to write something on the sand as Shawn watched over me from the side.

I remembered when Sana did this once before when it's just the two of us.

I drew a heart and put Sana and I's initials inside. I smiled sadly as the memories got me lost in thought once again.

I didn't even notice that Shawn left my side. But I didn't really mind. Maybe he's just a very busy person.

I was surprised to see him appear beside me again after a while, though. I looked up to see that he was currently holding a bundle of flowers.

I stood up and looked at him and the flowers, back and forth, with a raised brow.

Shawn chuckled and handed me the flowers, "I won't be able to watch you over for too long. So here's some flowers to keep you company. You said Sana promised to marry you in this beach, right? Then just think about walking on the altar as you hold these flowers, slowly approaching your future bride."

I took his offer and he waved goodbye to me before leaving.

I looked at the rising sun as seagulls started flying over while I hold the flowers close to my chest.

I thought about what he said. For some reason, the scenario he told me about was enough to ignite my delusion and imagination.

I started walking again as I clutched the flowers on my hands.

If what Shawn was said is true, when would I ever experience that kind of moment with you, Sana?

My walks started picking up its pace and I started running like a carefree toddler.

Search for me, Sana. I'll always be waiting for you, for your embrace, and even for your presence alone...

---

Timeskip

It's been over a month since the vacation trip from Shawn's family resort ended.