chapter 4.

"Lin did you see that?!" Kaley questioned turning to me. Her cheeks were covered in a shade of pink.

"Yes K I saw, don't pass out now." I replied. This wasn't something unusual for us, Kaley was one of the most boy crazy people I knew. Which typically meant she was either 'in love' or heart broken by a new boy every month.

I love Kaley and I have since we met in first grade so it always bothered me when she would get with a new guy, because I would be the one to clean up their mess.

"Holy shit Cait! Holy shit!" she said, her hand on her heart. "He's actually so hot."

"Kaley Paige, he's a senior, we just went through this with Cam." I replied stopping dead in my tracks. She turned and looked up at me.

"He's not like Cam," she started before I interrupted her.

"You don't even know him."

"Cait seriously it's not that big of a deal." she said, turning to walk out of the building and towards her car. I followed her, stopping at her car. She turned and looked at me.

"Kaley I love you too much to let you get heart broken by another guy." I said as she got into her car.

"Cait I'm not gonna get heart broken, so please just let me be happy for once?" she said before shutting the door. I pressed my lips together, giving her a nod before heading to my car.

Kaley never got this upset about anything with me. I mean yeah we've had our fights just like anyone else but nothing like this. I was just trying to look out for her, I really don't understand.

Linnie❤️
Lmk when u get home.

Kdawg❤️
👍🏻
read at 4:00

•   •   •

Kdawg❤️
I'm sorry for blowing up on you earlier.

Come over?
delivered 6:48

Linnie❤️
On my way!

*Omw
read at 8:24

I pulled up to Kaley's house and headed into her room. She was laying down on her bed watching tv like always.

"Come here!" Kaley called out from her bed with her arms out.

"I'm coming, damn." I replied with a laugh as I crawled into her bed.

"Jerk."

"Says the one that blew up on me over some lame ass dude." I replied, resting on my elbow.

"Fair."

"Oh I know it is. What's really bothering you?" I asked as she stared at me blankly, as she turned on her back.

"It's nothing." she said, looking down at her tv. I could tell something was wrong, it was like a sixth sense. She always fiddled with her fingers when she was upset or nervous, and she was doing it now. I reached my hand to her cheek, turning her face to look at me gently.

"What's wrong?" I whispered as she maintained eye contact with me. I could see the tears forming in her eyes. "Kaley don't cry, I'm here I'm not leaving." I reassured as I hugged her.

"I'm sorry Cait, I just don't want you to leave like everyone else." she said between breaths as she sobbed softly.

"You're not losing me Kay, I promise." I said as I brushed my fingers through her hair, something her mom always did growing up.