004- 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓,

𝙏𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙙𝙖𝙮/ 𝘼𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 8𝙩𝙝/ 8:13 am__________________________________

__________________________________

I walked into the school building, heading for my locker to grab one of my notebooks for class. Of course I don't take notes. Fuck y'all thought this was. I use my notebooks in class when I'm bored to write down verses for songs. I've been pushing myself a lot. Music is the only thing that is really keeping me going. Ever since my brother died, I've felt useless and sometimes I feel like I wanna join him. I made a promise to him that I would keep going and become successful for us. Every morning when I wake up, my memory goes back to when we were in that hospital. Room 134. He was hooked up to so many wires and tubes. Like they were experimenting on him. I remember my heart feeling heavy and my hands trembling. I remember my legs twitching and my arms feeling tingly and weak. I watched him as he kept choking, gasping for air from the machine, how his chest started moving slower.
Slower.
Slower.
And slower.
I watched him take his final breath. His last words were "I don't wanna go". Every time I think of that day. I hoped that I could go back and switch spots with him. I wished that maybe if I got to his location earlier, I could've taken that stab. I felt guilty. People always told me it wasn't my fault but I couldn't help to feel that it was. He was my brother. My twin. He was a part of me that I lost. And that part of me is gone.

I walked through the hallways to my first period. I walked really slow because I didn't want to be one of the first people there. I remembered that I had to do the project with Cleo. I kept thinking about her last night. What if he was really hitting her. She left fast yesterday. I don't even know why I cared . I just met her. I don't need to be interested in any girls after my last relationship. All females are dirt.
The bell rung and I got to my class. I saw Cleo with her head down. Sleeping in first period already is crazy. I walked over to her and sat next to her. I didn't want to wake her up because she could be really tired. The actual class period didn't start for 10 minutes. I took out my notebook and started searching my vocabulary for words to write for a new song. Those 10 minutes went by really fast because before I even wrote two verses, the Art teacher came in loud and ready to start the class. Cleo was still sleeping so I tapped her shoulder to wake up.
She was still as ever. I rubbed and tapped her back for her to wake up.
"Cleo, class is starting"
She didn't move. It didn't even look like she was breathing.
"Cleo?"
I started shaking her to wake up.
She wouldn't budge. I started getting nervous. I felt her head. She was getting cold.
"CLEO" I semi yelled.
She didn't move. I started breathing harder and started shaking her aggressively.
"Cleo cmon wake up."
I grabbed her shoulders trying to see her face. She had a swollen eye, her face was black and blue.
My heart skipped a beat. "MS. COLINS, CLEO IS NOT WAKING UP." The class turned towards me . Ms Colin's ran over to see Cleo passed out in my arms .
"Omg what happened?!" She started panicking , she picked up her phone to call someone.
I didn't know what was wrong with her , I didn't want to waste anymore time trying to figure it out either. My mind flashed back to my brothers chest moving slower and slower. I picked Cleo up and started to leave.
"I'm taking her to the nurse" I said before I left.
I moved as fast as I could to bring her to the nurse .
I kept glancing down at her face and saw the bruises and the scar that I saw before open. I don't know what to do. The fresh wound made my skin hairs stand up. I felt her move around in my arms.
"Cleo? Cleo?" I said to try and make her open her eyes.
"I can't..please stop" she mumbled before going back to sleep.
We got to the nurses office and I kicked the door since I didn't have any free arm to open the door.
"Yes?" The nurse opened the door.
Her eyes widened and she grabbed the bed for me to lay Cleo down on.
"What happened to her?!" The nurse said frantically.
"I'm not sure , I kept trying to wake her up when class was starting and she wouldn't wake up." I spat out.
My heart was still beating fast. I don't know where I got all the adrenaline from to carry her to the nurses office.
When I found out who put these bruises on her face. Shit is not gonna be pretty.

Authors note: Sorry for such a long wait for a new chapter, this is my first book and I'm trying to still get motivation to update. Sorry for the short chapter 😭 I might add another 20 minutes to this chapter or make a really long chapter some time this week!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter !
I also have a Ddot book I'm starting, it's gonna be really good and probably way better than this book..