006- 𝑩𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆,

𝙒𝙚𝙙𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙙𝙖𝙮/𝘼𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 9𝙩𝙝/ 9:24 𝒑𝒎

I sat outside on the curb across the street waiting for Darrian to pick me up. Before I knew it I saw a white Mercedes pull up in front of me. The window rolled down to reveal Darrian. He nodded for me to get in.
He looked very irritated.
I don't know if he was mad but I didn't want to trigger anything. I got in the car and put my head against the window, waiting for the silence between us to break. I glanced over and saw his eyebrows scrunched and his hand gripping onto the wheel.

"Tell me he did it Cleo"

My heart skipped a beat. His voice sounded so aggressive.

"Cleo" he said getting more aggressive.

My chest started to get heavy again and my throat started to have a bump. Tears started to run down my face again. My tongue felt dry not being able to respond.

"Clo" Darrian called out. His tone sounding way softer.

"Clo.. tell me he did it" Darrian repeated again

I nodded my head yes slowly. Tears still continued to fall down my face.

The car pulled up in front of his home. He got out the car and walked around to open the door for me. My body still felt numb and fragile. He took my stuff out the trunk and started walking towards the door to open it. The door opened to the house I've always known. This time it felt different. The walls started to feel as if they were closing in on me. The smell of the recent paint job and past pictures on the wall.

"Cleo" Darrian said looking at me, still with an unreadable expression on his face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Mami is not home for the rest of the week but she wants to talk to you."

"Okay" I said. I wonder if she talked to my dad , if she heard how he was now. I wonder if he changed. He could never stand to look at me, I was a splitting image of my mother.

"Go rest ,ok?" Darrian said. His face looked softer now.
I went upstairs to Darrian's room and went to the couch I always used to take naps on when we were little and closed my eyes.