00. UNEXPECTED WORK

MONKIE KID: A HERO IS BORN

to begin with!!
this is written in direct accordance to the show, so it will be following the storyline and episodes as close as it can. it will be written as gender neutral as possible, and will be in second person. It is all completely platonic!! don't expect any romance [even between other characters, i'm not good at writing lovey dovey things]. i'm very open to criticism, especially on how i write the characters, since i feel like i haven't fully gotten their personalities down yet. i also don't have a beta reader so excuse the small mistakes, please and thanku

The sky, uncovered by the few scattered clouds drifting by, brightened the metropolis below it as countless citizens hurried by through the streets in collective crowds

Vehicles jumping into ignition and starting down the road, children gathering in the neighbourhood with soccer balls, clusters of college students lining up in the coffee shop with bags growing under their eyes like weeds; the city of Megapolis was known for its wide variety of citizens. Many saw it as the perfect location to label 'home', with its almost-always perfect weather, the ever-growing amount of modern infrastructure, celebratory events and carnivals for every holiday; who wouldn't want to live in this urban utopia?

Hundreds and hundreds of years had passed since the supposed tale of the 'Demon Bull King'. which stated that the legendary 'Monkey King' had imprisoned the demon under the mountain that the very city stood upon after he had begun to wreak havoc among innocent villagers, and the only thing that Megapolis's citizens had ever known since then was peace. Well, apart from the usual stress that came with living, but that was unavoidable.

Despite the majority of citizens taking their chances at enjoying the clear skies and sunny weather, an apartment in the midst of it all, on one of the several floors of a complex, lay a lump under the safety of multiple blankets.

Far from consciousness, you snuggled up close to the pillow in your arms, ignoring all the problems of the world that stood outside your building. School had been let out for the holidays, and it was the first day on break after gruelling months of assessment after assessment. Surely, you had no where else to be other than your own bed, right? It sure seemed the world thought you deserved it.

With the strangers next-door being at work leaving you in complete, peaceful silence, the curtains rejecting the sun's desperate attempts to illuminate the cramped room, and the clear mind of a child without any school work due for the next few months, you were left to live the absolute dream of anyone your age; having absolutely nothing to do, and no responsibilities.

However, the incessant ringing of your phone nearly vibrating itself off the edge of your bedside table said otherwise. Wrangling your arms throughout the tangled mess of blankets, a headache began to grow at the back of your head as you struggled to escape the confines of the ever-comfortable bed to answer that stupid phone that won't shut