04. FLOWER-FRUIT MOUNTAIN

COMING HOME

eh he...... sorry that it took me SO long to write this chapter – i'm multi-tasking and writing this and 'the little sage' at the same time [which you SHOULDN'T do, focus on one story at a time, kids].

but here it is!! not edited yet, so it may be a little shoddy, but i just wanted to get it out asap :3

Over the several slow and gruelling days that passed since MK's clone incident, life had seemingly become relatively normal

Over the several slow and gruelling days that passed since MK's clone incident, life had seemingly become relatively normal. That is, ignoring the constant shivers that practically reached your bones, the feeling of being watched burning into your back with enough intensity to give you third-degree burns, and the sheer number of times that you had caught sight of the Mayor out of the corner of your eyes.

Uh-huh, totally normal...

Tang had grown concerned with your condition, and while you didn't feel sick, he had convinced himself that you were showing symptoms of a flu-like illness, of sorts. This caused Pigsy to consider removing you from the shift roster for a couple weeks, going as far as arguing that he would 'force a break' onto you. Your complaints had gotten through to him, though, and the pig demon reluctantly allowed you to continue you working; much to the fortune of MK, who lived in fear of receiving double the amount of shifts in turn of your absence.

Sandy had offered some herbal teas in hopes to 'heal' your sickness, not that you thought you were sick, anyways; but who were you to deny any of Sandy's tea? Although it didn't soothe the chill running through your veins, it still tasted lovely, and helped you relax after a tiring day.

Despite cherishing the care that your friends held for you, the weird symptoms and forcefully having your work limited from you was beginning to become annoying. Therefore, you – of course – went to your favourite successor for help.

"MK... Are you sure that this is a good idea?" You nervously stared over the rushing waters as you both stood upon the pier not too far from Sandy's house – or boat, rather.

"As sure as ever!" He reassured you, "Monkey King will know what to do – he probably has a super cool artefact to trap some curse that was put on you; or a potion that'll cure whatever sickness you have; or even..."

You began to block MK's ramblings out, knowing that he could go on this tangent of weirdly creative solutions for hours. With a sigh, you lightly tugged on his jacket sleeve to interrupt him, catching his attention.

"As long as you make sure that I don't fall, we should get going," You half-heartedly glared at him, before another shiver crawled up your spine, "I've had enough of feeling like I'm being watched constantly..."

"Oh! Yeah, yeah – of course!"

With a nervous breath, you placed yourself behind MK. He crouched down and rested his hands behind him, palms up, allowing you to use them as leverage to push yourself up onto his shoulders. Wobbling slightly, afraid of falling off, you carefully grasped his head between your arms; trying not to hurt him [not that you could – he's nearly invincible, after all].