01. RAINING BIRDS

BAD WEATHER

im actually so flattered about the number of people that enjoyed the first chapter,, it makes me very happy that other people are able to enjoy fics like this too :DD i feel like with a lot of the scenes i'm writing, it's going too fast paced and that i ought to add more descriptions and to stall things a little more, but im really struggling with it, and i keep assuming u guys can just read my mind and see what im imagining lolol

You felt yourself come to consciousness, a barely audible groan leaving your throat at the realisation that you were, in fact, awake now. Your brain slowly registers the feeling in the rest of your body, making you feel heavy and very stiff. Reaching your arms above your head resulted in several pops and cracks from various bones in your body, a clear ache following in the back of your neck and the entirety of your spine.

You willed yourself to roll over, turning towards a room that did not look like your own—oh, wait. Wait, that's right, you were in MK's apartment. Memories resurfaced in your brain, understanding that you had stayed the night on a certain Monkie Kid's couch. That definitely explained the uncomfortable ache pulsing through your muscles.

A thin quilt rested over your legs, and a cushion substituted for a pillow under your head. Your hands moved underneath the quilt, heaving your body into a sitting position with a soft grunt. You couldn't make out the noisiness of the restaurant below you, and you realised it must have been closed for the day. The lack of voices indicated none of your friends were there, either.

The rest of the upstairs apartment was silent too, leading you to believe that MK was either still asleep, or he had left already without waking you. After waving your hand around and slapping the table beside the couch a few times, the click of a button on your phone confirmed the latter as a text message from the young boy flashed upon the screen.

↳ 「 'heYY!! i didn't want 2 wake you up bcz you seemed SUPERRR tired last night'

「 'ANDD i talked 2 pigsy abt work and he said that u can have the day off 2 RELAX!!1! 」

'we r all hanging at sandys place rn btw'

'okok thank you MK!!' 」 ↲

'i'll be over there in a min'

Whether MK saw the messages or not, he probably wouldn't bother answering them. You laid both your hands, along with your phone, on your lap for a moment, staring at the wall. You slept without dreaming last night, and you were unsure if that was a blessing or a curse, as it didn't allow you to process much of yesterday's events.

Subsequently, your mind silently drifting around. How did you feel after it all? You were still overwhelmed and tired, that's for sure. But... Part of you was proud of MK, despite the concern filling your every bone with dread. Monkey King chose him as his successor, trusting him with his golden staff; and MK was succeeding thus far. He had managed to take down the Demon Bull King, for the most part! That wasn't an achievement to take lightly.