love, maybe • KHR

-warnings: none
-fluff
-plot: haerin always gets a fuzzy feeling in her whenever y/n, her best friend, is around, and she doesn't know what this feeling is. love, maybe, but she can't tell.

HAERIN'S POV

"hello?! haerin!!" my friend, hyein called out to me while waving her hand in front of my face rapidly.

"hmm..?" i grunted in response, slowly shifting my gaze from a random corner in the library to hyein's eyes.

"you've been zoning out for the past few minutes! is something wrong?"

"oh, uhm, no, i'm fine." i muttered before shaking my head and looking down at my notebook full of drawings.

i did it again.

i keep zoning out randomly and thinking about y/n. all i've been thinking about is her. it's honestly getting annoying. my mind always associates y/n with anything and everything; i could just be writing in my book and then think about how y/n drew a smiley face in my notebook in the 4th grade on a random tuesday, during class. it's like my mind is a never-ending loop of thoughts about y/n.

y/n and i have been best friends since the 3rd grade, after she rolled down a ditch and i saved her while going on a random walk with my mom. (i still laugh thinking about that). since then, we have always stuck by each other's side. every time i need her, she'll always be there for me. she just knows the right ways to cheer me up; it's like she knows me better than i do.

"alright, since you seem to be too busy thinking about whatever, i'll get going. bye haerin!" hyein stated, leaving the library as i finally got to my senses.

damn it.

❤︎₊ ⊹

i was walking home from school, watching whatever videos came up on my for you page. i was trying to get my mind off of y/n, but here i am, again, thinking about how this video that i'm watching reminds me of her.

"kang haerin!"

oh, y/n's here.

"there... you.. are!" y/n said out of breath, panting, as she was running towards me.

i turned around and looked at y/n, who had stopped running and had her hands on her knees, trying to get her breathing right after running all the way over to me. i laughed a little at the sight.

once y/n had gotten a hold of her breathing, she stood up and looked into my eyes.

oh no. here comes that feeling again.

for the past few days, everytime y/n is around me, i get this warm and fuzzy feeling that i can't describe, and my cheeks start burning up. maybe i'm sick? i mean, i only get this feeling whenever i'm around y/n or when i'm thinking about her.

but it's not like i hate this feeling, in fact, it feels kinda good... it's like i'm sick with an illness that i don't really mind having.

"i've been looking all over for you, haerin! let's walk home together!" y/n said, finally getting ahold of her breathing, taking my hand in hers and walking towards our houses.