Chapter Thirty Four

Harry shrugged, "Isn't that normal? To be afraid of someone trying to kill you?"

"Blair's not normal. She spent the span of a few months fighting goblins, armored trolls, more spiders than I care to think about, every poacher and ashwinder she could come across, and do not get me started on the time she single handedly took down a Dark Arts hideout." Ominis drawled out with a tinge of annoyance, "I would be thrilled for her to have some common sense to be afraid of people trying to kill her."

The three Gryffindors looked at him with a mixture of emotions. Two of them were surprised and looked at Blair with amazement. As for her, she was entirely bemused.

"You've been holding onto that one for a while, huh?" She asked dryly.

Ominis' grin was wry. "Well I couldn't exactly count on Sebastian to nag you. You both encouraged each others stupid ideas."

Blair laughed, but sadness swelled up in her again. She missed everyone. The Yule ball was in a couple days. How nice it would have been to spend it with everyone.

Keep Playing - VERY MATURE READ 

The night before the Yule ball, Blair was visiting the old abandoned music room. Today, there was minimal progress. Sure, she could stand in the shallow section of the water. Sure, she could walk around up to her waist. But Blair was also aware there wasn't anything in the water and yet she couldn't swim. Didn't know how to swim. She still panicked and soon it would come time for the second task of the tournament. She was running around out of time. Fast.

No one else was in the room, but that was also what made it perfectly abandoned. What made it feel like her little corner of the world. Blair didn't pick any song in specific, but let her hands float over the keys. Her fingers pressed down on keys that would play higher notes at the same time her other hand danced along playing lower ones. It was a clash between high and low. Good and evil. It kind of reminded her the way Ominis and her saw each other.

They only focused on the bad parts of themselves and saw the good shining in each other. It was something they'd have to help each other work on.

"Busy?"

Her heart went into her throat, spying Ominis walking up the steps. She smiled, feeling her racing heart in her chest. "Just distracted. How was detention?"

Ominis rolled his eyes, sitting beside her, but then he unexpectedly pulled her into his lap as she still faced the piano. He wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head against her back. "It was entirely unfair."

"And why's that?"

Her lips pulled up at the resentment in his tone. He had been helping Harry and Ron with extra study in potions since their make up exam was soon. Snape entrusted him to watch the two after hours when he got the key during lunch. Ron grabbed a Billywig Sting with his bare hands that hadn't been dried or crushed into a powder yet. He stung his own hand and started floating around the room, acting giddy. That's all Blair knew before Hermione left to run to potions after Harry grabbed her during dinner.

Ominis scoffed quietly, "I'm sure Harry told you a quick gist of it when I had him grab Hermione, but—thrilled he could 'fly', Ron ended up knocking every potion ingredient onto the floor. Next week I've been tasked to go collect Dittany near Hogsmeade."