Chapter 2: Not So Lucky . . .

I then walked out of the cafeteria after I finished my breakfast, heading to the garden for that one Slimepup I played with earlier. I walked into the garden, to gently wake the lime Slimepup up. It bounced on top of my lap, I could tell it was happy. "Hey little guy. I'm back." I said. The Slimepup then had a look of terror in it's eyes, staring at the lights. "What is it bud?" Ia sked. The Slimepup then barked at the lights as they flickered. The lights then fully turned off. "Shiiiiiit..." I said, realizing this was a blackout. I let the Slimepup get onto my back, so I could protect it from any Panthers. I then picked my golden scythe off of my back. My golden scythe was basically my only source of light. It shone in the darkness that consumed Laminax. Just then, I felt something slash against my leg, making me fall to my knees as I looked at where I was. The crystal caves. "Not good." I then stood up, touching the back of my leg. I then looked at my finger. Blood. "Two cuts in two days, that's nice." I said sarcastically as blood dripped out the back of my leg, almost trembling as I stood. The Slimepup then jumped off of my back, licking my wound. Somehow, it made my wound heal faster. "How the fuck have I not noticed that? Having a Slimepup sure is a good companion." I said as I looked around for the thing that slashed at my leg. Just then, a black blur rushed in front of me. I tried to block it's attack with my scythe, and to my surprise, I actually did. "Oh you're fucked now." I said. It seemed to have yellow eyes. This was definitely a Panther. Probably not the same one I saw earlier though. I swung at the Panther with my scythe, hitting it on the hip, causing it to get flung a few feet. "Run, ya pussycat." I said as I went in for another swing. This time I hit it's head, knocking the Panther out. "I hope you learned from that." I said as black goo leaked out of it's head and hip.

The Slimepup then jumped on my back. I then walked towards the empty storage bay, to get grabbed on the neck by another Panther. My scythe then fell to the floor. "Damn it, I'm so dead..." I thought as I slowly lost my breath. The Slimepup that was on my back ran up behind the Panther, biting it's leg. "AGH!" I heard the Panther scream. The Panther then let go of me, I then gasped and grabbed my scythe back up off the ground. "Don't you fucking touch my Slimepup." I said as I was ready to strike with my scythe. "Wait a minute...I remember you." The Panther said. "You're just trying to lower my guard, and it's not working." I said. "I recognize that voice...wait- you're Dr. L! Oh my god, I'm so sorry..." The Panther said. "Well well well, look who decided to crash the party." I said. "I didn't mean to try and kill you- I thought you were someone else." The Panther said. "A sorry can't help with me forgiving you, and there's nothing you can say to me to make me feel better after what just happened." I said. "That's true...I'm just going to walk away now..." The Panther said. "Uhhh- okay." I said. As I watched the Panther run away.

I then felt something whizz by me. I looked behind myself to find a Toxic rabbit about to pounce on me. I swung the scythe at it's head, causing it to fall into the endless abyss down below. I could even hear it's screams of terror slowly fade away. "Don't mess with me." I said with a smirk. "Why does there always have to be so much action in my life? I need a challenge." I said, as if I wanted to die. My words would later become a reality, almost as if god was watching me. I then watched as the lights flickered back on. "Alright, that's over." I said, walking into the crystal caverns as I watch a bunch of security guards rushing out of the emergency bay. John then looked at me from the emergency bunker, rushing over to me as several guards passed us, looking to contain the escaped gootraxians. "How the hell are you...alive?" John asked, out of breath. "This bad boy." I said, showing my golden scythe to him. "Wow." John said. "Oh and also, this guy. He kinda saved my life." I said, pointing to the Slimepup on my back while turning around. "Huh. How exactly did a Slimepup save your life?" John asked. "Well, a Panther kinda clawed at my leg, and this Slimepup licked it, and the wound healed really fast." I said. "Wow, that's something new." John said. "Yeah, it is." I replied.

One day later . . .

I sat in my hotel room, looking at notes I had written down yesterday, when the intercom turned on. "Dr. L, report to Dr. John's office immediately. "Oh, what now..."