five

Giana shifted awkwardly, watching as Laurel continued to talk to the officers. Giana, Aiden, Belly, Steven, Conrad and Jeremiah were watching, annoyed and curious about Laurel and Cora's reactions.

Giana's could feel the tension in the air, and Cora's angry glare was beginning to make her feel uneasy. She couldn't believe they had gotten into this situation.

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much," Laurel said, trying to diffuse the situation, her arms crossed in front of her.

Cora shot daggers at both her kids, and if looks could kill, the both of them would be six feet deep. Giana shared a look with Belly, who was just as silent as she was.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tea time when he gets back in town." the officer said, Giana sat down next to conrad pulling out her phone quickly.

Before she could even do anything on it, she heard her mothers voice. "Giana put it away." She looked up at aiden who rolled his eyes. Giana stuffed her phone back into her back pocket.

"Absolutely. Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers." Cora said with a sweet smile. Giana could tell that her mother was trying to put on a brave face, but she knew that the situation was far from over.

Cora walked the officers out the door, she closed the door behind them. Taking a moment before she turned around and crossed her arms. The smile was gone. "How could you guys be so irresponsible?" she asked, her voice laced with anger. Giana felt a lump form in her throat as she tried to come up with an excuse. She knew that there was no excuse. Other than the fact that they weren't expecting to get caught.

Steven walked forward, trying to defend himself as well as everyone else. "Mom, it wasn't a big deal. All right? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." he said.

"Not a big deal?" Laurel repeated, her voice laced with anger. "Yes. I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven."

He looked at Cora, who despite her look, was more reserved, then back to his mom. Steven sniffled before letting out a quiet scoff. "Were-were you guys, you guys smoking tonight?" he asked, his voice amused.

"What?" Laurel asked, denying the accusation. Giana softly smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch." she scolded loudly.

"Well, I wasn't yelling," Steven countered. "Well, you- you were,"

Jeremiah moved forward, trying to diffuse the situation. "Just so you know, Laurel, I-I didn't drink tonight." he said, stopping Steven from making things worse. "I was the DD, I swear."

Laurel took two steps forward, her eyes fixed on Conrad. "You're the oldest." she said, completely ignoring what Jeremiah had said. "What the hell's gotten into you?" When he didn't answer, she looked up at Belly, who was standing right next to him.

"And when did you leave the house without telling anybody?" She looked down at Belly's outfit. "And what in the world are you wearing?"

"It's Taylor's. And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?" Belly said, straightening up her posture.

"It's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going." Laurel argued, clasping her hands together. "Hell, Giana said she would've given you a ride. Why didn't you just go with her? How did you even get there?"

"I walked." Belly muttered, her voice barely above a whisper. Giana sat back, crossing her arms. She could feel annoyance rising within her, but she knew that it was not her place to speak.