Chapter 2: I Love My New Car

After the paperwork was done, Aaron could proudly say he was a car owner. The 1977 Chevrolet Camaro was all his. And while the car definitely needed a little work, he wouldn't change it for the world. Driving the car for the first time was amazing. It was also the first time he would be driving by himself. Excited didn't cover it. And even better, he was sure Jason would like this car. He had heard him talk about liking Camaros, so hopefully he would be impressed.

Once he had gotten home, he decided to wash the car. It was dirty and could definitely use one. So he went up to his room and decided to change into better suited clothes. Some used baseball shorts along with a white shirt were good enough for him. He hopped down the stairs and grabbed the hose and some soap and a sponge as well as a bucket, before he made his way to the car.

"Time for a wash, Bee," Aaron said as he used the nickname he made up for his car and turned on the hose and sprayed the car with the water.

He could've swore he saw the car shutter, but ignored it and kept spraying it. Once he thought it was sprayed enough, he grabbed the bucket that he had pre-filled with water and poured some soap in it. He grabbed the sponge and soaked it before he took it and slapped it on the car's hood. The soapy water spread everywhere and soaked through his shirt when he leaned over to get the middle of the hood. He stood back up and realized that his shirt was soaked through and you could see his chest. He sighed before removing it, no point of wearing it if it was gonna be see-through anyway.

He moved to the back of the car and resoaked the sponge before he spread it on the trunk like he did the hood. He reached over again and put one of his legs up to rest on the trunk so he could reach the top of the car. He heard footsteps and turned around to see Jason jogging down the sidewalk. He was also shirtless and had headphones in, although it was only one. He was quickly approaching from the opposite side of the street, and Aaron quickly turned when he thought he saw Jason look his way.

He got back to cleaning the car and didn't notice when the window rolled down slightly. Aaron jumped when Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard started playing, "Pour some sugar on me! Ooh, in the name of love!"

Aaron looked into the car to see that it wasn't even on, but somehow the music was playing. Jason heard the music and slowed to a stop across from Aaron. He saw how the boy was shirtless and was washing his car. He was halfway up on the trunk with one leg supporting him on the ground. Jason raised an eyebrow at the choice of song before smirking. He had seen Aaron staring at him earlier, and figured that he played the song to get Jason's attention. It definitely worked.

Aaron quickly stood up properly and went to investigate the radio, but before he could it shut off. Aaron decided to chalk it up to faulty wiring and turned around to get back to washing the car, but was met with Jason admiring his car. Aaron's face quickly warmed when Jason looked up at him with a smile.

"A Camaro, huh? I love Camaro's," Jason said as he got closer to Aaron, standing directly in front of him.

"Yeah, I know- I mean, oh that's-thats cool, I love Camaro's, too," Aaron quickly tried to cover up his mistake and if Jason noticed, he didn't let on.

"It's a nice car, although, I do prefer the newer looking Camaro's," Jason said as he ran his hand over the top of the car, both of them not noticing the engine rev slightly.

"Yeah, well my Uncle is kinda cheap and this was the best looking one at the car lot," Aaron said as he glanced at the car before looking over at Jason, who was already looking at him.