Chapter 8: I Help My Car Save The World

Aaron had never run like he was now. Not even in his brief time in the Cross Country Club had he ever run like he was now. The Cube was tucked under his arm as he dodged through debris that was littering the streets.

Occasionally ducking when he needed to from the explosions of the Decepticons missiles coming his way. Glancing back to see where it was coming from, only to see the tank Decepticon from earlier.

"Cover fire!" He heard Ratchet call out.

"Move to cover!" He heard from IronHide.

The two robots behind him firing at the Decepticon as he sprinted away. He glanced behind him again for a second to see what was happening, but quickly turned forward so he wouldn't run into anything. Only to be met with another Decepticon, this one with helicopter blades on its back. One of it's hands the smaller blades from the tail of a helicopter.

"Watch out!" IronHide called out as he grabbed a car and used it as a shield from the incoming machine gun fire, but when the Decepticon fired again, it knocked IronHide back.

Aaron ducked as a piece of debris flew over him, and then the Decepticon transformed right above his head into a helicopter. Aaron sighed, he just hoped Jason was okay.

---

"Boy, get that tow truck out of here, now!" Lennox shouted over the loudness from the bullet fire.

"I'm going! I'm going!" Jason shouted as he locked the last chain onto Bee and ran to the driver's seat.

Just as he was pulling away, he saw Megatron slowly approaching where the soldiers were hiding out. He quickly turned down the street and sped away from the fight.

---

Aaron ignored the people around him as he continued running to the building Lennox had pointed out to him. His lungs were on fire and his legs were dying, but he couldn't give up. He wouldn't give up. He was thinking of his family. His aunt, his uncle, his father, and even Mojo, his Chihuahua. And then Jason. And even the new Autobot friends he made. Bumblebee, Optimus, IronHide, Ratchet, and Jazz. He didn't want to fail them, so for them, he kept going.

"Keep going, Aaron!" he heard IronHide yell from behind him, encouraging him to go faster.

"Don't stop!" Ratchet yelled from his side.

Aaron would take the occasional glance behind him to make sure he wouldn't have to dodge anything. But IronHide was doing a damn good job at keeping him safe from the rear. The helicopter Decepticon from awhile ago was back now. He was throwing cars around the street, and just as Aaron passed a Deli with all glass walls, the Decepticon flung a car through the window. Aaron ducked under the glass and car, and kept running. Nothing would stop him from keeping this Cube safe.

As Aaron was running, he saw Starscream flying in front of him. And now with his attention grabbed, Aaron tripped on a rock and fell. However he quickly recovered by rolling and stopping himself just as Starscream transformed in front of him. The robot sending all the cars lining the street forward. Ratchet and IronHide slid up and started fighting the fighter plane.

Aaron took cover behind one of the flipped cars from earlier, ducking whenever something got too close. He peeked over the car to see Ratchet and IronHide get pushed back with Starscream's cannon fire. He quickly ducked again when he thought Starscream see him. Hearing metal shifting, he glanced up to see Starscream start to transform back into his F-22 from and take off.