Chapter Three- Left For A Reason

Chapter Three

Daisy Timber

"My memories are inside me - they're not things or a place - I can take them anywhere." Olivia Newton-John

Silence and driving. That's all that has happen within the last few hours. Neither of us said a word to each other. I just though about the next time we stop I'm ditching him. I';; find a new town, a new place to live and I'll double check to make sure there's no more vamps. One of my first priorities will to be changing clothes. Maybe I'll head towards Bluewater, Florida. I went once when I was younger for a week as a vacation. Let's just say werewolf + natural warmth + Florida heat = parents almost dying of heat stroke. We never went on another vacation to Florida after that experience. 

The apartments and houses were absolutely beautiful. The oceans were cold, but something everyone should see is the sunset from the beach. There were plenty of shops, malls, and other activities to occupy myself. They even have a small woods that's about ten minutes away where I could drive too when I get hungry.

At the thought of food my stomach growls loudly. I ignore it looking out the windows.

"Are you hungry? I have a cooler of blood in the back of my car. What's  your name? I never asked," he asks me and I shake my head.

"No, I can't do it. I- I can't control myself yet. I don't want to get a taste and then end up craving it more then I already do," I tell him uncomfortably and he just rolls his eyes. 

"It'll only be worse if you try to ignore it. Anyways if you don't want to pull over for something to eat I certainly do. I'm famished after a long day of marathon running," he says pulling over on the side of the road. I stare at him uncomfortably as I get out of the car getting some fresh air and walking a little bit away from him. I couldn't help but want to take some of what he's offering. I'm just scared and I don't want to try it. What  if I get carried away? "Here try some. I promise you that it won't hurt you. As long as you drink on a healthy diet of about five pints a day you'll be fine. If you drink over the amount you should then you pretty much go blood drunk and trust me it's not pretty. All of us have done it at some point or another. Once you taste the blood of someone you keep wanting more and more. It's not a pretty site. Here just have a little bit. I'll even help you manage. Seriously I'm going to tell you the truth. Stop being a pansy, the longer you hold off getting a drink the hungrier you'll be. Then you will really be prone to doing something more stupid then you're already doing at the moment. Take the bag, drink it, enjoy it, savor it, and then get your ass back into the car so we can keep driving."

"You don't have to be a jerk about it you know," I mutter to him taking the bag from him. Taking a quick sniff at it my fangs extend aching to bite into the bag and drain it of all of the blood that is contained inside it. 

A moment later that's exactly what I do. Once the bag is drained of every last drop of blood I stare at it. I've never realized how hungry I am. Of corsets also lie, because I know how hungry I am. I just totally ignore it, then when I really got hungry I'd lash out. Maybe well I stick around with this guy, maybe I can learn a a few things from him about how to control it. He has probably been around longer than I have.

"Thanks... if you didn't get me to try to drink it I probably wouldn't have. I'd probably just walk away and ignore the feeling until you were done," I tell him awkwardly but he doesn't reply. "My name is Daisy by the way."

"Blake. Blake Miller. I'm guessing you're a newbie by the fact that you have no idea how to restrict yourself from blood. I have to say most of them usually go on a blood binge, they don't starve themselves from their food source. That's certainly something new," he tells me and I nod my head awkwardly.