Chapter Six-- The Lost Ones

Chapter Six

Blake Miller

The evening like every other one is perfect as I sit with my lovely and beautiful mate. In the middle of no where it's relaxing and peaceful. There are no worries and everything is perfe-at least that's what I thought.

"Blake! Blake! There's an angry mob outside and they all have stakes and tourches with fires. Any moment they'll reach us here. We need to go now," Annabelle says as she rushes towards me the door slams violently behind her, she gives a quick look too Analise. "C'mon we need to get going. We'll go out the back door."

"Wait, let me see how many of them there are. If what you say is true Annabelle they could try to surround the house and give us no chance to escape," I tell Annabelle looking at my love Analise. I couldn't let anything happen to her, I don't know how I would survive if it wasn't for her. She's the reason I became a vampire in the first place. I let Annabelle change me so I could have eternal life with her.

I get up from my seat heading towards the front entrance of the small house, peeking out the glass windows. I see the large crowd as they walked in the distance, all of them sticking together in close groups. I could hear the angry shouts as they begin to grow louder and louder. Looking back I head over towards Analise and give her a quick kiss, looking over at Annabelle I give her a half hug I speak a few words to her.

"I'm going to stay here and hold them off. I'm going to do everything I can and then escape and come back to you guys. I want you to take Analise and yourself to our back up cabin which is a few miles from here. You should be there and make sure you do whatever you can to keep Analise safe. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happen to her," I tell Annabelle and she nods her head looking at her sister.

The two of them hold hands and run out the back door, Analise looking back one more time at me. Her brown eyes held with worries, paying attention to where she's going she turns her head, her brown curls bouncing wildly, her holding her dress up as she runs. Looking back out the window the crowd grew larger, surrounding the house. I suspected that, running out of the house I watch as they burn the house down. Pouring gasoline around the house and set it on fire they all cheer. I yell out to them dragging the attention away from the direction Analise and Annabelle were headed.

"Hey! I'm over here happy and still breathing you big fools!" I scream trying to get their attention.

Lucky for me it brought their attention. All of them began screaming and tried figuring a way to trap me. I did the next logical thing-run, at least as well as I can at a human speed. Eventually once they were all stumbling around in the woods I began picking up speed. Soon enough I disconnect myself with them completely. Hearing a loud scream in the distance I heard Analise. Her screams were loud as she shouted out for one thing only.

"Blake!" she screams out loudly, I try chasing through the woods trying to pin point her location, but the echo was to loud. "Blake! Please help me! Blake!"

I run through the woods, eventually hearing her whimper and cries for help dying out. Eventually I came to a small clearing near the edge of the woods where I see Analise, a stake to her heart, there were multiple wounds on her body showing she faught as much as she could for her life. There were a few dead villagers, the tourches and pitch forks on the ground, a few glowing embers from the tourch.

Running over towards her body I hold her in my arms, my eyes burning up in endless tears. My love, my life, my mate, she's absoloutly gone. I would never see a smile light up her beautiful face again. There would be no more dates, walks in the moonlight. Looking around I look for another dead body, I didn't find one.