SyndiSparklez 1

All one shots are based as if the character's are actually within the game. Instead of Team Speak they use earpieces or they just travel to one another's homes and converse there.

This is set in Season 2, a week after Ianite passed away.

Jordan's POV

I had been up here for over a week. Just sitting on top of my fortress and staring at the slow moving world around me. A blood moon rose and set, animals roamed the grasslands beneath me, the stars glistened like my silently falling tears and the wind whipped against my face - numbing my bones. Thoughts raced through my mind, guilt and pain tinging my memories as they flashed by. I didn't know what to do anymore, I felt that my purpose in this universe we all called home was pointless.

What's the point of being champion of someone you failed to save?

My eyes had deep, purple bags underneath them from almost a week of little sleep. What sleep I could grasp was filled with nightmares, the screams of my lady's pain echoing throughout my mind - haunting me as I bolted upright, sweat rolling down my body and my whole form shaking violently as I attempted to calm myself. Most people tell themselves - It's just a dream, it isn't real. However I did not have that luxury, what terrified me were my own memories.

Martha had come to visit me, she being the only one who did. We didn't speak, merely held one another as tears rolled down our cheeks. I felt only a slight amount of pain that she must be feeling, having lost one of the last people on the earth that she truly had. Her mother was gone, turned into ash before my eyes and it was all my fault. If only I hadn't gone after that sword, if only I had interpreted her messages earlier, if only I could have saved her. Ianite had saved me so many times, her faith in me during all the trials we had experienced had been unwavering and strong. Yet I had let her down when she needed me the most, I was as bad as the taint that had filled her body in this realm.

Everyone was tiptoeing around me. It was incredibly awkward yet stifling at the same time. They all knew I was grieving, the fact I refused to speak a word about anything to do with Ianite was a clear indicator that I was definitely not ok. Yet none of them came around to my fortress to actually check up on me. From Martha's prompting I managed to eat some bread in the morning of the first day, but I hadn't eaten anything since. My bones were slowly peeking their way through my skin and my hollow cheeks added to the haunted look that was forming across my face. I was the representation of a broken man but I deserved it.

I had to make this right. I had to restore the balance in the world, leave the champion's role to someone more deserving - like Andor. He would be perfectly able to fill my shoes, he just needed the push to take the step forward. The thought had plagued me all week, the whispers of the demons in my mind - the temptation of ending the guilt that was slowly eating away at my sanity becoming more and more tempting every second that I sat up here. I pulled myself to my feet, grabbing the earpiece that I had muted for so long and began sifting through my messages - only seeing one that really mattered to me. It was from Tom and it read:

"Hey Jordan, I know you are going through a rough time right now and I wish I could be by your side. However I got struck down with the flux flu and I am currently bed ridden. Stay strong for me buddy, I'll come visit you as soon as possible <3."