Chapter 30

It was miraculous how the moment Lena and Cora had both gained consciousness, each and every wound of theirs vanished

It was miraculous how the moment Lena and Cora had both gained consciousness, each and every wound of theirs vanished. Including the others'. As if the wounds never existed. It was the truth, though. The wounds truly never existed. It was all an illusion and a nasty game of mind played by the Driren. Now that he was dead, their wounds were long gone.

The ache and sluggishness remained. They were all heavily exhausted and wanted nothing but a deep sleep. It was even more shocking to realize that an entire day had already passed when they were out of the illusion. It took them a considerable amount of time to understand where they were and when they comprehended their current location, it was understood that they were closer to their intended destination.

The six of them were already inside the Main City and just few distances away from a hustling, bustling market.

Everyone, except Leon of course, had not forgotten to take the Mortonarta pills and the liquid from the vial created by the genius Dragonesian. Within seconds, their eye-colours changed into the sparkling colours of the respective pills they had taken, accompanied by the disguise of possible Dragonesian scents.

They were now completely under the semblance of Dragonesians as they walked through the market and finally in the middle of crowded roads, where buildings were established on each side of the roads. Leon looked up in fascination as he reminisced the one time he was in the Main City with Jocasta Heirora for his father's conference. The buildings were not tall during that time. The Main City now appeared to be more developed and high-tech with its various invented mode of transportation. The vehicles were of different shapes and sizes. Some huge and some relatively small in comparison. There were vehicles which looked like single carpets covered by a layer of glass and that flew over the buildings like an aerial automobile. As for the most common vehicles, which were used by both Dragonesians and some humans (mostly the wealthy ones) were more or less similar to the ancient cars, yet different. No gas was produced from these vehicles and they completely ran on solar energy, which was evident from the little solar panels present on the machine. These vehicles could not only move on roads and bumpy streets, but also fly like birds and travel underwater like fishes.

The name of this vehicle was Rumble.

Rumbles were always available in red, midnight blue or black colours. It had two doors, settled adjacent on each side. There, however was no window. And only a large screen displayed above the driver's seat to navigate through the areas. One might think that it must be suffocating to travel in such a vehicle, however, it was not. In fact, enough oxygen circulated inside the vehicle. Moreover, sufficient space for at least twelve people, excluding the driver, was present inside, which was an odd fact as it might appear as a vehicle for three people when viewed from outside.

The buildings were no less...peculiar. There were buildings of square, triangle, rectangle, cuboid, trapezium, cylinder, parallelogram and even of circular shape. Cora giggled when she watched how few Dragonesian kids climbed down from the top of a circular tower through a slide.