Chapter 7

Briarlight woke up and believed she was dreaming. “I’m walking?” She looked down and noticed Jayfeather’s gray fur. “Jay, how long have you been carrying me?” The brown she-cat asked. “I believe since last night, ” the medicine cat said with some fatigue in his voice and eyes.

 She thought to herself calling herself a mouse-brain in her head. “You’re not a mouse-brain Briarlight, I wanted to do this mostly because I know how much this means to you…” Jayfeather stopped in front of a twoleg place with 2 clear things in front. “Start meowing to get their attention, once I don’t feel you on my back, I’ll be able to follow inside, got it?” He said with a serious look on his face.

“I’ve got it, get ready to follow my voice.” she responded the gray tom nodded and she started their plan, and very soon a twoleg came up and immediately noticed both of their problems and took them inside, the 2 were surprised to see that the Twolegs were very kind to them. “They aren’t as bad to cats as they seem but it’s what a cat does or doesn’t do that makes them angry,” Millie told them before they went into the place.

Jayfeather was also on a cool surface which he was told by Millie was called a table, he showed the Twolegs that he was blind and the twolegs also put a thing into his skin, feeling the pain but staying calm, “The silver needle thing will hurt but it’s better to not move, if you move the needle it will hurt more.” The words echoed in his mind. His eyes began to feel heavy and he felt like his fatigue catching up to him like a hunter chasing a squirrel, he slowly began to fall into his dreams.

In the other Briarlight was put into a room with a cool surface she was placed on, she felt scared by a twoleg that was examining her and as soon as she was able to understand what the twoleg was doing she felt sleepy, her eyes closed and she was asleep. She slowly opened her eyes to realize she was back at camp but something was different, she looked to her side and noticed Jayfeather right there with her, smiling with his kind blue eyes Why is he always so kind to me and short tempered to the others? She asked herself and then it dawned on her. “Does he love me?” She shook her head. “No no medicine cats can’t have mates” her thoughts immediately lead her to think of Leafpool, and how she had kits and a somewhat happy ending. “Maybe he does.. maybe he does” she thought to herself