Chapter 1-the forest

(WARNING PLEASE READ: this book will contain swearing, crude/dirty humour, gruesome images/gore ,violence and horrific descriptions of creatures and monsters 18+)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

(Amaris's POV)

The forest was a home from home for me, a place of peace and soothing noises of nothing but chirping birds and the rustling of emerald leaves caused by squirrels climbing a tree, i look up seeing the light push through the treetops shining all the prettiest shades of green.

"how could someone block this place off from the world?.....how selfish" I said to myself.

My back pressing against the hard rough bark of a tall strong oak tree, my coal coloured backpack next to me, I pulled out my polaroid camera from it and snapped a picture of a hummingbird sitting atop a small branch, the light shining through its soft feathers.
Moving my polaroid across the branches I snap once again a picture of another bird I can't quite identify, as it quickly darts away from me.

I got up hearing the fallen leaves, scattered like dead soldiers crunching like the snapping of bones.

I threw an apple core toward a group of mice, which were scavenging around me,diverting their curiosity away from me. They scramble towards it as I sling my backpack over one shoulder. Exhaling loudly I can't help but think how this place is a beautiful garden of eden.

Moving away from the mice I stumble across the dirt path, the trees around me stared but it wasn't unnerving it was as if the forest was looking after my outsider self, I started to walk back to get to school but the pond on the edge of pathway catches my eye.

I kneeled down and I admired the algae, that swarmed the water like a green snow globe, across the water you could see a culvert, a long pipe going deep underground like a giant mouth of a huge beast.

I got up, again hearing the sounds of crunching leaves and began walking again.

After a few moments, and a stop to look at a old cabin that was at least a hundred years old, I approached the fence which was made of metal and was severely weathered with patches of rust near the top of the metal.

However there was a part of this fence that was bent like a car had crashed into it but its so strangely done I don't really know this is my exit and entrance to paradise I started my journey away from it.

Chuckling at a no trespassing sign that was nearby and kicking stones on the side of the path I felt a hand  on my shoulders.

I thought it was a police officer and how they would take my paradise away from me but...

it was my childhood friend Woodrow who has been a friend of mine since we could talk, his curly brown hair dancing in the light breeze, he was wearing a white hoodie with blue jeans and black trainers with white laces he was a kind and caring person and very selfless, however he hates confrontations which I can handle for him, and luckily we both have a crude sense of humour .

He put his glasses on pounded his chest with his fist and said in a angry mocking tone

"Amaris Edward Gardener why are you late again" he was acting like the my head master mr Hancock his name is perfect as he is a dickhead

I placed my hand on my chest and said in sarcasm "i was simply having sex with your wife...or ...was it your mother....they look too alike these days....no wait it was your sister"

"I don't think Hancock has a sister" Woodrow said confidently

We both chuckled loudly as we made our way slowly to our school, Jacksons academy....