Chapter 7-acting

Mavericks POV

We were shocked, waiting for a laugh of sarcasm to no avail.

"What are you talking about ???" I spluttered, breaking the awful silence.

"I meant what I said young man, *sighs* there's no such forest....and there never has been" the blonde softly spoke, as if he was a Dad talking to his son.

"Huh...what..the fuck" I cried as Jolon covered his mouth in shock.

"What's your name son?" He whispered.

"Maverick Raven" I replied .

He typed up my name on his computer.

"Ok Maverick Raven are you new to this town" He said calmly

"No I've been here my whole life" I said starting to scare myself

"Oh it's just I can't find you on our system" he replied

"Oh and There's also nobody in this town named Ash Dortil....."

HUH WHAT THE FUCK I thought to myself.

We were shocked as we left the Station.

"What do we do...?" Woodrow questioned.

"What can we do" I answered with defeat

The next day at school

Amaris's POV

We had to act as if nothing had happened, and we had to sign up to our own school and act as if Ash never existed and as if WE were new, this whole experience is breaking me slowly....., but we have to go back to that forest i hate it here this isn't my town, so I waited until lunch time.

However one good thing is that my leg's healing up really quickly, I think I may have got the monsters blood in my wound as my body is feeling...strange.

I sit down with the same shitty lunch I've always had in this shitty school.

Im holding a silver tray of depressed beans on brown bread, with a glass of milk in a plastic cup, me, Maverick, Jolon, Raymond and Woodrow were talking until I popped the question.

"We need to go back into the forest" I pleaded.

The boys stopped and looked at me waiting for me to continue talking.

"This isn't our reality, we've ceased to exist and I'm not gonna act like we haven't" I stressed.

"Let me tell you now as soon as we enter that woods, you thought were good,....we will be killed as quickly as we enter" maverick declared in a mixture of anger and fear while pointing his fork at me with a piece of toast at the end

"Im not gonna stay here, I can't, I don't care if I die in those woods,...I'd rather die as myself than put on this act" I urged starting to get annoyed, because...well I'm scared.....so so scared, I don't know where I am or If I could die.............

Raymond poked his head up away from his stew and agreed "I'll go with you".

I looked around.

Jolon-*nodded*

Woodrow-*nodded*

I looked at Maverick "and you...?"

Maverick looked up and said "no...I'm not going back in "

Raymond's eyes widened as i saw suppressed pain through his eyes.

Mavericks POV

My heart hurt as I said it, even though I love Raymond and want to go to be with him, it'll never happen he's way out of my league, Im not a very good person, I don't want to drag him down or slow him down.

Amaris said "ok well we're going now" I nodded and as he was about to get up a hand came on his shoulder.

"empty your bag now ya twat" came from chubby lad with long brown hair swooped over to the left and he was wearing a red football top and black joggers and had the face of a fat bulldog.

He had two equally ugly skinny friends, they were twins and were both lanky, but one was ginger and the other had hair that was poorly dyed black.

"Piss off !" Amaris snarled.

The boys looked furious.

"YOU WANNA GO" the fatty snapped making an already tense situation much worse, he was ready to fight and we prepared ourselves.

The fatty threw a punch at Amaris knocking him into Woodrow, as the other two were about to join in the fight Jolon and I got up, I jumped over the table and right hooked the ginger before he could even pull a proper stance knocking him out and onto the cold hard floor, and Jolon picked up the black hair twin and slammed him into a table and repeatedly punched him, the fatty turned around and I picked up a nearby lunch tray and hit him in the throat before I wheeled kicked him in the jaw.

Woodrow screamed "let's go to the woods now"

We all got up and ran the lads still on the floor.

As we ran we could see the boys getting up and following us and I screamed to my friends.

"On second thoughts I'm coming with you"

They smiled as we made our way back to the forest as the lads followed us......