✪ Chapter-3 ✪

Ezio's POV:

Have you ever experienced the longing for someone you have never met?  felt an inexplainable void that remains unfilled? Have you ever been overwhelmed by emotions that lack a clear cause? I certainly have, and I must admit, it is an unsettling feeling. Realizing that there is someone out there who has the potential to complete this void, yet the likelihood of finding them is minimal, is truly disheartening.

I rise from my bed and make my way to the bedside table to retrieve my phone. However, my attention is immediately captured by a photograph resting there. It's a picture of the three of us, the newborns. One nestled in a pink blanket, while the others are swaddled in blue. It's been three years since we discovered the existence of our sister. The news was difficult to process, but together with our family, we managed to overcome the shock.

Our father gave each of us a copy of this photo, and we both keep it by our bedsides as a constant reminder that she is out there somewhere. It's a sweet picture, but it also serves as a painful reminder that a part of me is still missing. Strangely, it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it, though I can't quite explain why.

I carefully place the photo back on the table and proceed to the bathroom to prepare for another mundane day at school.

Entering the dining room, I find my entire family gathered, enjoying breakfast together. As usual, I am the last one to arrive.

"Good morning, fam!" I exclaim.

"Ezio, will we ever live to see the day when you're not late for breakfast?" Aunt Emilia chuckles.

"Hmm, let me think about it," I reply playfully, settling into my seat. I fill my plate and engage in conversation with my brothers.

"You kids should leave now, or you'll be late for school," Uncle Roberto advises, glancing at us. "And today, we'll all be quite busy, so please don't disturb us. Agustin, you'll be in charge."

"Okay, Uncle," Agustin acknowledges, rising from his seat. "Come on, let's go. The last ones to arrive will have to ride with Aurelio," he adds, smirking and leading the way.

All of us, except Santino and Salvatore, hastily devoured our breakfast and sprinted towards the parking lot. Aurelio, trailing behind, shouted, "Hey, I don't drive that badly, and I hate you guys too!"

I'm certain the adults must have found our rush amusing.

In the end, I found myself riding with Aurelio, and thankfully, I arrived at school in one piece. And now, here we stand in the parking lot, surrounded by our friends,  awaiting the sound of the bell.

"Hey, have you heard? A new girl is joining our school today," Lucas, one of Santino's friends, exclaimed.

"Midterm?" Diego asked, capturing all of our attention with his question.

"Yes, she is joining on a scholarship. I heard she is mute, and just a while ago, Rebecca was bullying her, telling her to stay away from you guys," Aries, mine and Sal's best friend, stated.

"Well, it's not like we'll be interested in her anyway," Aurelio said, and we all nodded in agreement. The only girl we will ever pay attention to would be our sister. We continued talking about random topics until the bell rang.

We walked to our classes. My first lesson was Math, unfortunately not shared with Salvatore.And also one of my unfavorite subjects.

Somehow, that lesson ended. Now it was time for my physics lesson, which Sal and I shared. I walked into the classroom and found Sal already sitting in his seat. I went and sat next to him. Soon, the teacher joined in, but just as he was about to start teaching, the door opened, and a girl entered the room. The teacher looked at her for a second, then realized she was the new kid. He told her to take a seat. When she looked up, I froze. For the first time, I felt complete, like I had finally found a missing piece. She had heterochromia, just like Dad told us, just like Dad and Callisto have,Damn she even looked like a female version of Callisto. It was her, I was sure of it. I looked towards Sal, and he looked back at me with the same expression. He felt it too.