✪ Chapter-5 ✪

Arianna's POV:

I groan as I deliver another powerful punch to the punching bag. Why, just why, can't I forget them? They weren't even that special. So why do I vividly remember their eyes, those eyes pleading for recognition? Even when I first saw them, during my school admission, they appeared so happy, carefree. Just by looking at them, I could easily tell they were brothers,since they look so similar, the way they were together like they would do anything for each other after all they were family. Family. It's something I've always yearned for - a mother and a father who truly want me, brothers or sisters who would always have my back. People with whom I could share anything, people who wouldn't judge me for being myself. People who would shed tears for me. I wish I had that. I wish I had a mother who would prioritize me over her work, who would ask about my day, inquire if I had a crush, and support me in my decisions. But I also wish I had a father who would always protect me, who would call me his princess. A father who didn't discard me the moment I was born.

I've always questioned my mother about why my father didn't want me. Over time, I learned that my mother despised my father. Whenever I mentioned him, she would recount how he wasn't worth the time she spent with him. This made me wonder, would he have accepted me if I were a boy? Did he ever regret giving me up? Would he have loved me if I had grown up with him?Would I have had a loving family if he had accepted me? But I guess I'll never know what it's like to have a family like that. After all, life is never fair.

I strike the punching bag once more, pouring all my strength into it, and feel the searing pain in my knuckles. Pain. It's the only thing that makes me feel alive, reminding me that this is not just a terrible dream; this is my life. However, this pain pales in comparison to the anguish that resides in my heart. 

I yearn for people who would genuinely care for me, people who would shed real tears at my grave.If i don't find someone like that soon i don't know whether I will even remain human.

But its not like i have no one who cares about me,i have them.I should not think this way ,there are people in the world who have absolutely no one and yet here i am crying over the fact that my family doesn't want me.

To add insult to injury, I now have bruised knuckles. How will I explain this if someone at school inquires about it? I let out a sigh as I grip the swinging punching bag. Perhaps I should focus on my homework or something productive.

I carefully remove the wraps and return them to their designated spot before exiting our home gym. Yes, my stepfather and mother are quite affluent. My mother is the owner of a successful cosmetic brand, while my stepfather boasts ownership of various restaurants and hotels, or so he claims.

As I open the door to my room, I am greeted by a familiar voice. "Ah, if it isn't Miss Mute Smartass," my lovely stepsister taunts from behind me, leaning against her doorframe.

"Were you in the gym?" she inquires. I barely manage to nod my head. "Well, you could stand to lose some weight. You resemble a bloated pufferfish," she mocks before retreating into her room, closing the door behind her. I can hear her laughter echoing through the walls.

I enter my bedroom and close the door.I quickly enter my bathroom and vomit the food I had just eaten.I look in the mirror after brushing my teeth.Perhaps she is correct.I lift my shirt to reveal my protruding stomach, but I still feel overweight.I am aware that she is mistaken, but I still struggle with this.I grab my razor from a cabinet and hold it against my arm as I open it."Please promise me, Anna, that you won't do it again under any circumstances."His voice rings in my head as I throw the razor away, causing it to fall to the ground and cause me to start crying.