2. shake it off

୨ৎ ꒰ shake it off ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ shake it off ꒱ ୨ৎ.

steven's phone landed perfectly on the chair near the fireplace.

"nailed it!" jere sat down near steven after performing a perfect three-point arc.

"okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out" steven mumbled.

"steven you're just jealous of his abs"

"shut up belly, girls nowadays want a lean look, otherwise you can't wear tailored suits"

"tailored suits?" conrad repeated while we all laughed.

"when are you leaving for camp, man?" everybody spared a glance at conrad waiting for his answer.

willow could quickly tell that her brother wasn't going to answer. "he quit football"

"wait man, really?" steven is confused. "i'd kill to play college ball" under the table, willow kicked his leg. he just needed to shut up.

"but he can always change his mind" susannah was smiling but it was clear like water she was against conrad's decision.

"I won't change my mind, i was going to sit on the bench all season anyways"

"so, what will you do all summer?" laurel asked.

"dude, you can start working with us at the club" steven seemed excited and jere too.

"so you are all working this summer? are you too, willow?" belly looked at each one of us.

"the country club was searching for a live singer for the restaurant, so i applied"

"oh, belly, I almost forgot... i have a surprise!" susannah reached out to get an envelope.

as soon as belly gets out what's inside, i recognized the debutante ball invitation.

"this is why you had to stop at the country club on the way to the library?" laurel asked.

"no. way." willow exclaimed.

"what's a deb ball?" belly doesn't seem too excited.

"the whole deb thing is bullshit, it's for sheep." conrad looks at belly and her sister is surprised. why is he suddenly being an asshole?

"no, it's not. it's when a girl has a coming out, it's a formal recognition she's reached maturity." she explained. "oh, gosh, we're going to the deb ball together" she clapped her hand and smile to the other girl.

"i'm sorry." steven tried so hard not to laugh, almost choking with his food.

"mature? belly? she's no way near maturity."

Jeremiah and Steven laughed hard, holding their stomach and wiping away tears. Conrad was giggling on his own.

"when mochi died, you threw a cat funeral. you wanted us to dress black."