Chapter 4: The Devil and His Angel

Secretary Zheng was in a dilemma as of this moment. The boss seemed to be in a bad mood. Although the boss always had a stern and indifferent look on his face, the atmosphere around him now was several times colder than the past few days.

‘Who would dare to make the boss this unhappy?’

Wait, did the boss have a fight with the little boss?

He had a good impression with the boss' spouse, the Beta, Mr.Chase as he was a good partner to his boss. He was actually quite hoping that the boss and Mr.Chase would hit it off as a real couple. After all, they were a good pair and Mr.Chase was a good man. He knew that the man would not arbitrarily quarrel with the boss.

He was aware about their five year marriage agreement so he knew that sooner or later, the boss and the little boss would have to separate. Which he think was quite a pity.

He also knew that the boss already had the divorce papers on him, after all, he was the one tasked to prepare it. But he was quite confident that the boss would delay the divorce for a while, since the little boss and him were on good terms. And the boss would surely not divorce with the little boss on their wedding anniversary, right?

Hence, he was wondering on what kind of problem they must have had to quarrel on their anniversary day?

‘Wait. Was it because of Mr.Shen? A third party? Hmm...’

“Secretary Zheng, the documents from the Logistics Department has arrived,” a knock from his assistant interrupted his thoughts as he was thinking about his boss' marital matters.

Secretary Zheng quirked his eyebrows as he saw his assistant bringing along with her an employee from the Logistics Department.

Why would they be here? Don't they know that he was busy too? Shouldn't they submit it directly to the boss? Wasn't there another Secretary in charge for the boss? Why come to him?

The employee showed an embarrassed smile as he greeted Secretary Zheng.

“You should hand these to Merna. You're not new here so you should know that I'm busy as well.”

As he was saying that, Merna, the second Secretary in charge of the boss in the company strode over his office with a depressing face and wailed, “Secretary Zheng, please save me!”

“What happened to you?” he was slightly alarmed with this conduct.

“I know that he's a demon but should he really be that demonic too? Was he Satan? Hades? Will he be the new lord of hell?” Merna wailed as she slumped onto the office couch and continued.

“He told me he wanted to drink coffee, so I made him one. I did just the same as usual. But when I handed it to him, he kept on complaining. Did you know that I had to redo it four times? Four times! And he almost smashed the last one on my face!”

Well, the last one was actually quite exaggerated but who told the boss to smash the cup on the ground as he ordered her to get out.

The assistant and employee on the side were quite frightened and embarrassed as they saw the ever-so serious Secretary Merna collapsed under their boss' tyrannical rage. The boss was really scary.

Secretary Zheng sighed in frustration. What can they do, the boss was in a bad mood. As employees, they should be the one to adjust.

“Was that why you told them to come to me and hand over these documents?” he glanced at the person from the Logistics Department and saw him nodding his head like a chicken pecking rice.

Seeing that, he just stood up directly. What can he do, although he can't coax the boss, at least he was experienced with his boss' temperamental attitude, right?