Chapter 2: Goodbye

Pieces of clothes were scattered across the floor in one of the many rooms of Han Yu's villa, this was Victor's private room. It was where most of his things were kept in those five years.

While folding his clothes and arranging them on his luggage, he can't help but reminisce of their first meeting.

He was a college freshman then. He was an orphan and he grew up under the care of the orphanage director. As a Beta in a world which valued Alphas and Omegas, he was the less desirable one. In his years inside the orphanage, no one ever adopted him. Only the orphanage director took him under his wings.

Unfortunately, the director got ill and was diagnosed of stage three cancer. During that time, the orphanage was forced to close its doors. And Han Yu, was the one who was left to care for the old director.

He tried his best to scrape money for the director's hospital bills but it was barely enough. Added with the fact that Han Yu was still a minor then and was still in his last year of highschool, he, himself, barely managed to survive.

He thought that with all the expenses he needed to pay, he won't be able to continue his studies in college and would rather opt to find a job to support himself and the director.

But that was until Han Yu came.

As a student, Victor actually excelled in his academics and was a recipient of Han Industries scholarship program, that was how Han Yu found him, bringing along with him an offer and a contract.

Han Yu was just 21 then and Victor was 18, when he saw the majestic young Alpha in front of him, he was immediately dazzled.

Han Yu offered him a deal.

He said he was looking for a contract marriage partner for five years. If Victor would agree, he would not only help him with his studies but with the director's hospital expenses as well.

Victor remembered what he asked then, “Why me?”

“Because you're a Beta,” the young Alpha calmly replied.

Han Yu approached him without having to hide his real purpose — all of it for the inheritance his grandfather left for him. Wherein, his late grandfather demanded that he should be at least married for five years before he can completely acquire the company.

Han Yu himself thought it was ridiculous but his grandpa seemed to be afraid that he'll grow old alone. Thus, setting this ridiculous requirement before he died.

Han Yu looked for a suitable marriage candidate who would gladly sign a marriage contract for five years with him. He said it was better if it was a Beta who would be less likely affected with pheromones, hence, Victor was chosen.

At that time, despite being confused, Victor was slightly delighted that he was being appreciated as a Beta. However, he later found out that Han Yu had someone he already loved, a beautiful Omega who went abroad to pursue his studies.

He thought, no wonder he insisted on having a Beta. Maybe he does not just want to touch any other Omegas apart from that certain Omega.

With Han Yu's proposal and his own predicament, he agreed.

The contract was very detailed with its five year duration, as well as, the duties they needed to do as husbands.

Thus, Victor cohabited with the man for five years. And he gradually fell in love.

He was his benefactor, his husband and saviour. He was his first in everything.

Although the man rarely went home, but they did live in one roof, ate on the same time, slept on the same bed and even spent some rare passionate nights together.