Chapter 6

Pete POV:-

It's been a few days since that conversation and Vegas still teases me about getting jealous. I give him an annoyed look but I like this carefree version of him. Sometimes he randomly giggles at that thought and it soooo cutee.

I am also happy that Vegas will be discharged tomorrow. I am nervous but excited for the life ahead of us. Minor family guards are also quite happy to have him back. Macau and I have been preparing to move him to the mansion. His wounds are healing nicely. He will still have his physiotherapy sessions but can also do some strengthening exercises now. 

Apart from this, Vegas has been quite focused on helping me find my style. He is so serious about this as if it is his life mission. He often shows different kinds of clothing items and accessories on his phone. I did find a few interesting and ordered them online. At first, I was hesitant about this but then I thought there is no harm in giving it a try.

Vegas POV:-

Pete seems quite happy today. He is busy packing all my stuff from here and he keeps humming. He also arranged everything at the mansion. I am excited to take him home with me, but there is an unsettling feeling. I think it's because I will be back home for the first time after Pa's death. I have mixed feelings about it. I have lived there my whole life and it has a lot of memories of Pa. Pete left all my Pa's belongings untouched because he wanted me to decide what to do with them.

*next day*

The day has finally arrived. Pete helped me walk to the car. I am so annoyed that I am so weak right now, but the way Pete is holding my hand and treating me like the most precious person makes me super happy. I don't care if I don't look like a scary mafia boss. We reached home after half an hour. All the remaining minor family guards were standing outside to welcome me. They all bowed to me and greeted me. I am glad to know that I still have people who are loyal to me.

We went inside and Pete helped me settle on the living room couch. All the house staff came to greet me and wish me good health. I was busy talking to them that I didn't notice Pete was not by my side anymore. I looked around and saw all the bodyguards surrounding him. He was explaining their duties. They were listening to him sincerely and looked at him with respect. When did he earn their respect? The staff went back to their work and nop came to me.

"Welcome home, Khun Vegas."

"Thanks, Nop." 

I was still looking at Pete and he looks so hot in his professional mode. 

"Khun Pete has done a great job taking command of this place," Nop said. I looked at him and he continued.

"Initially guards suspected him but they remembered how you warned us to not harm him during the war and they reluctantly listened to him. But with his competence, he soon earned their respect. He assured everyone that you will recover soon and come back to the compound. He instructed them to maintain this place in your absence. He has been working on updating the mansion's security and bodyguard training routine. He also assigned the best guards for Khun Macau."

I am so proud of him.

"That's good."

"Vegas.." Pete called me.

"Let's go to your room."

"OUR room, Pete." he got up and took his hand.

Climbing stairs feel like climbing a mountain. It put a strain on my muscles and I hiss a little. Pete stopped and looked at me concerned.

"Are u okay?"

"Yeah, I am fine. Come let's go."

"No wait. You are not fine. You r not completely healed yet. should we shift our stuff to a room downstairs?"