Ep 11: The Airport! Part 1

A/N: Alright guys sorry it's been a while. I was wondering since the other books have been so popular if I should just keep it to only those four and get rid of this one however I am posing the second part of this and seeing where is goes before I make a decision. Enjoy!

*Welcome to part 2: The Island*

Valt gazed up at the towering, larger than life advertisement, captivated by the vivid map showcasing the island's attractions and destinations including a large amusement park. It was a hand painted picture of a beautiful paradise, complete with a mesmerizing sunset background.

His eyes lingered on the majestic mountain at the island's center, its top shrouded in swirling, angry clouds, adding an air of mystery to the otherwise peaceful scene.

The island seemed like a dream vacation spot, perfect for tourists seeking relaxation and tranquility. Valt just wished he was one of them coming there to experience a carefree vacation instead of being a participant in a high stakes tournament.

"Really Valt," Shu's voice broke Valt's trance as he walked up to him in his usual outfit "You're wearing that to the island?"

Valt looked down at his royal Hawaiian blue shirt, adorned with tropical flowers, casual shorts and matching flip flops we wore. He chuckled, slipping the sunglasses back onto his hair to look at Shu.

"Well, I know it's a tournament, but just look at this place Shu! An amusement park, ATV rides, some of the world's best beaches and resorts...Can't we have a little fun before we get serious?" Valt defended himself "That and I didn't have enough time to repack properly." He added mumbling the last part with a hint of embarrassment.

Shu couldn't help but laugh at Valt's carefree attitude.

"You're not going to wear flip flops the whole tournament. Are you?" Shu playfully teased as they walked towards the gate, joining the other Legends who were also waiting for the flight.

To save money this year, the WBBA had insisted that they all meet up at the airport together and take the same plane to the island. Which meant all of the Legends had to be present, once again and bladers like Lui who preferred to fly alone were forced to be with the group.

"Wow, looks like they're really going all out with the island theme," Shu remarked, taking in the surroundings appreciating the effort to create a relaxing atmosphere before the intensity of the tournament set in.The ambiance seemed inviting as the airport's waiting lounge was uniquely designed to reflect the island's tropical charm. Palm trees swayed gently, and tiki decorations added a festive touch to the once drab and dark airport. Even the flight attendant's desk had bamboo siding and wooden accents.

Looking around the room a few Legends were settled in waiting for the plane and the others to arrive.

The room was abuzz with energy as Lui immersed himself in reading intently off to the side of the terminal, while Free took up most of an aisle relishing in the opportunity to catch a quick nap. His legs were sprawled out with his bags taking up the remaining seats.

Gwynn was reading as well while Wakiya was at the flight attendants desk in a heated debate about having four carry-on bags. Xander on the other hand, along with Drum who had been engrossed in the TV, perked up at the sight of Valt and Shu. They both took the opportunity to greet their friends with hugs, and Xander couldn't resist giving Valt a playful nuggie.

Silas and Diago perked up at the sight of them as well but remained where they were in the corners and Diago looking out the window at the cloudy, dark sky. Lain was there as well in the back petting his hedgehog paying them all no attention.