Alexandria

Glenn pov

Ruth had fallen asleep quickly and I put her knife and gun in Ricks bag, I pulled him from his watch outside "Ruth isn't doing, she's not doing ok" I didn't know how else to go on but I think Rick knew exactly what I meant from me putting her weapons in his bag "I-I don't know what to do and I don't want her out of my sight right now, purely for her safety, I won't forgive myself if she hurts herself" I stressed and Rick nodded putting a hand on my shoulder "do you want me to talk to her? Watch her for you?" he asked and I shook my head "I don't know, she gave me the gun and knife, she knows herself how bad she is and I mean, she seems bad Rick, if this community doesn't go right this could be her breaking point, and I don't want that, I want to do anything possible to stop that" I leaned against the wall and rick nodded "it'll go well, even if I don't trust it I won't ruin it for her, none of us want it for her" he spoke softly leading both of us back inside.

I didn't sleep well that night, if I tried to sleep any small movement worried me that it was Ruth and I would wake up only to find her fast asleep, I learned she talked in her sleep and at some point she had a bad dream waking up but slowly falling back asleep.

"Glenn, you ok?" Maggie asked and I nodded, she was worried for me but I didn't want to tell her what had me so troubled, my gaze stayed on Ruth, a smile plastered on her face after last night I didn't know if it was real or not anymore "Glenn, come help me with the map and let Michonne rest her eyes for a moment", Ruth watched Michonne and I swap places, and I could just see her smile drop "and it dropped, just like that" I looked down and the map and Rick tapped the wheel with his hands "she'll be ok, she's damn strong, we've both witnessed it, and theres nothing she could use near her" Rick calmed and I nodded, still worried.

Ruth

"Ruth? You were staring into space" Carl got my attention and I stopped looking at Glenn smiling again, he was really worried about my and I was worried I had started to burden him with what I said, as we hit a road I looked up and could see Washington "Abe look! Washington!" I smiled, I felt genuine joy as I saw the white house, Rosita and Abe had swapped with Glenn and Rick, we got another mile or two and we had to stop, we needed another battery and I sighed "birthday luck ran out, you think we could walk it?" I asked and Glenn walked up to me "no need to walk, come here, let me show you something" he placed a hand on my back and led me to the bottom stair "open it" he motioned to the step and I lifted it, there was a new battery and I smiled "how'd you know that?" I asked and he smiled "an old friend, his name was Dale, he also taught me duct tape can fix nearly all the problems" he grabbed the battery and walked me to the front, "let me show you how to hook it up" he smiled and I stood on the front bumper to see how you hook it up "now go start it" he nodded and I ran inside past Abe to start it and it started right up.

Soon enough we reached the gates and I was scared until I heard children laughing as soon as we left the RV, Glenn let me off my back and I yawned just waking up, I heard something and I looked over to see a girl in the window of a house, she was pretty, a flowy tank top covered her top half, I couldn't see her wrists but she had pants on and a flannel around her waist, I was unsure of the colors but the sight of her made me smile a bit, as Carl walked up to me she disappeared, we walked in but not before I looked at the house one more time, wondering where the girl went.

This lady named Deanna wanted to interview us, when it was my turn I was in awe at all the books in her office "why don't you start with your name and age?" she asked and I nodded "my name is Ruth, I'm 15 years old, yesterday was my birthday" I answered looking at the camera "no parents?" she asked and I shook my head "my mom got bit, she passed" I explained and she nodded slowly "how long have you known this group?" I shrugged "two maybe three years"