Chapter 11: Best Friends Only

You are taking a shower after just having woken up and kicking Brahms out of your room to go make breakfast when you hear the racket of someone entering the house. You can hear the front door being thrown open carelessly making you pause your soaping. A second later you hear a yell of your name followed by 'wakey-wakey bitch' and you realize it's your brother and not some other annoying intruder with a penchant for loud noises and expletives.

You roll your eyes and go back to scrubbing before you realize something, Brahms is downstairs. Your eyes go wide and you choke on your spit as you rush to rinse off. You jump out of the shower, throw a towel on, and bound down the steps to meet your brother before he goes exploring or hears something or someone he shouldn't. You are practically soaking and are dripping all over the place when you meet your brother in the foyer. You push your hair out of your face and freeze, he's not alone.

Conrad stands next to Malcolm, wide-eyed with a box of oranges in his arms. You haven't seen him since you went out to drink with Malcolm the night Brahms revealed himself. You and Conrad stare at each other for a moment as both of your faces heat before Malcolm clears his throat. You look over at your brother who is standing with a grocery bag at his feet, his eyes narrowed and darting in between the two of you. You shuffle awkwardly on your feet.

"Uhh y/n, what's with the getup? Were you that eager to see your big brother? I suppose I should be flattered..." Malcolm says an eyebrow raised.

You clear your throat and look down at yourself. Water is running down your bare legs and pooling at your feet, the towel is about miniskirt length and you feel vulnerable at that realization. You look back up at your brother and Conrad and decide to try and distract them a bit in an attempt to keep them from asking more questions.

"Nah. I just like to air dry and I didn't know you would be bringing a guest, not that I mind at all Conrad, but hell Malcolm you could warn a bitch next time," you say, hand on your hip.

Conrad smiles at you, his ears red under his messy blonde hair. Malcolm rolls his eyes and picks up the bag to take it to the kitchen. You step in front of him smoothly. He looks down at you confused and you deadpan up at him, you can see Conrad looking confused in the background. You lean in and do all your panicked mind can come up with, you bark loudly making him flinch before your run to the kitchen.

You find the room empty but you see the pantry door is open just a sliver and through the crack you can just barely make out Brahms' silhouette. Malcolm walks in yelling at you playfully and explaining to a laughing Conrad that you were dropped on your head as a baby too many times to count so he should be patient. You look over at him unamused.

"Whatever Malcolm you're just mad I like Conrad more than you and just that quick. I'm going upstairs to change, you can just leave everything on the counter and whatnot, I'm reorganizing the kitchen so I'll put it all away later," you say, your voice just slightly louder than normal to make sure Brahms heard you.

Malcolm shrugs and dumps the food on the counter before patting your head like a dog as he walks by to bring the rest in. Conrad nods his head at you with a laugh before following Malcolm out.

You give the pantry door a meaningful look before running upstairs to your room. You whip off your towel and hurriedly pull on some clothes, Brahms materializing from your closet as you stand in your bra with your shirt in your hands. You look over at him relieved, throw your shirt on, and then walk over to where he is frozen and hug him, your face in his chest. You breathe out a sigh.

"Fucking hell Brahms I was scared they were going to see you! I had no idea that Conrad was going to be there too and now I've made an absolute fool of myself in front of him. Poor guy," you say, face still pressed to his chest.