2 - School again!

"Now, Lia, you're a second year. I'm expecting to hear from Dumbledore that you're behaving and setting an example!" I smiled.

"You don't need to remind me, Newt. I'll always do my best to be well-behaved, you know that!" Newt smiled too, gently stroking my hair.

"Scamander!" Another second-former walked up to me, smiling meanly. That was Ellen. She hated me after our strange and awkward start on the train last year. I sighed, looking down.

"Hello, Ellen." Ellen walked up to me, trying to keep a bit of a distance.

"Hey, loser." 

Newt looked at her, tilting his head.

"Please don't call me a loser, Emerson." I said, trying to avoid her gaze. Always best for me to avoid my gaze at strangers, or people who didn't like me.

"I can, and I will. Because you are a loser." Newt clenched his fists, frowning at Ellen, who looked back, before laughing.

"Who's this? Your father? Is this the... famous... Newton Scamander? The stupid guy who likes stupid creatures?"

"Watch your tongue." Newt said, restraining himself.

"What would you do? Tell me off like your stupid pets?" Ellen laughed again. "You two are the dumbest people in the world, and trust me, that's saying something, after what I've seen from Goodwill!"

"Hey." Newt said, squinting his eyes. "Leave my daughter alone. Go on!" He took out his wand. He wouldn't actually use it, of course. He was just trying, and succeeding, to scare her off.

"Fine. See you, losers!" Ellen laughed again, before walking away. Newt sighed, turning back to me.

"Be careful, Lia. I don't want you getting upset." I smiled weakly.

"I'll be fine. Good luck with the fourth attempt to get our travel bans removed!"

"Thanks. I'll try. I know how much you'd love to see more exotic creatures. I know I'd love to! Bye, Lia. Have a good time at Hogwarts. Hopefully I won't have to take you out of school again!"

"Bye, Newt. You're the best!" I said, hugging him slightly. Not too tight, as I knew he didn't like hugs. I don't really like hugs either, but I hug people anyway. I kind of have to. Newt embraced the hug, trying not to behave awkward. I wouldn't have minded, but I think he might've if someone saw him. He smiled again, before Disapperating.

"Hey, Scamander!" I smiled. Only one person greeted me in that voice.

"Hello, Goodwill!" I ran over to Edwin, who smiled back.

"Excited to see me, are you?" He said, giving me a small wink. I laughed, understanding. The first time Edwin and I met, I didn't give him the best of impressions. "Get over here." He hugged me briefly, before releasing me again.

"You clearly are!" I said, laughing again.

"Yeah, well..." We were interrupted by a small girl, who looked up at us, scared.

"H-Hello?" The girl looked more worried than I'd ever seen anyone. "Are you two-"

"Second formers. And you?" Edwin said, smiling at her. She smiled back, but still scared.

"First. Could I share a compartment with you?" She asked, still timid. We looked at each other, confused. Why would she choose us, out of everyone? We were the most introverted people!

"Sure you can." I said, smiling. "What's your name?"

"I-I-Isla." She stammered, still slightly scared.