Cinco

One Month Later

Arely

After months of planning this gala charity event, the day is finally here. This event has to be the most talked about event in New York. The gala is a charity event, to enter or be invited you have to donate large sums of money to the charities I've chosen this year. Trust me when I say large amounts of money. This is my only third time doing this event but yet every year it feels like the first time.

There's only one photographer allowed here to take photos, and it's someone I've known for many years. Paparazzi and Press aren't allowed here as they ruin the whole exclusivity of the event. The location is also super disclosed. The guest list here is full of empresses, CEOS, royals, important politicians and mafia members.

Even though the Mafia members are criminals their money goes towards good things, so I have no other choice to accept it for the sake of the charities.

Since me and Trey's break up about a month ago, He has been calling and stalking me non stop. Trey is the president of Italy's son and runs multiple big companies , and before we broke up he donated 20 million to the charities. He was also my date, but I had no other choice but to drop him. He could've donated 1 billon and I still would've left him. No one humiliates me in public and walks away unscathed. I've offered to return him his money but he doesn't accept it and claims " he just wants to be with me" which is such bullshit. He's on the strict no invite list, and my security has orders that if he trespasses they are allowed to shoot.

It's about 9pm right now, and the event is full of all these important people. Everyone has on their custom gowns and suits with their best jewelry.

I walk down from the top of the staircase, and everyone starts applauding. A staff member hand's me a microphone as I stand at the end of the staircase.

" Hello, Everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying their night. I just want to stand here and share a couple words for all of you. I'm so grateful for all of you here, and your guy's love and compassion towards me and all these charities. It means the world to me and to all these people you are helping. Anyway, to a great rest of the night" I say raising my champagne and glass everyone immediately follows.

I walk towards my table where my friends and two of my cousins are sitting, they were my special invited guests so they didn't need to pay to get in. As I start to near my table I see a man who wasn't sitting there when I left sitting there now. Its not until I get close enough that I see its the second man I least wanted to see tonight.

He's sitting right next to Nicolette, who is so obviously throwing herself all over him its sad.I walk over there and look at him in disgust he just does a stupid smirk. When he left the baptism I told Eli everything we had said to each other. She went as pale as ghost, than she explained that he is the leader of the Mexican cartel and basically runs the whole country. I could care less what he did, he's an asshole.

I excuse myself to the Bar because I dont want him thinking me and him could ever sit at the same table, lord knows how he even got into this event. He porbably used a fake name which a lot of the mafia memebers do for events. I order a mojito when I hear his wretched voice behind me.

"We've got to stop meeting like this baby." He says with a giant smirk on his stupidly handsome face.

He's wearing an all black suit again but this time its more formal. "Your lucky enough to keep meeting me "

He laughs and its a rich velvet laugh that despite not wanting to my whole body tingles.When he doesn't say antyhing I say "How did you even get into this event, I planned this whole thing and didn't see your name. Because trust me if I did, there would be strict orders for security to shoot you at the door"

"Are we really resorting to violence now Miss. Diaz?"

I laugh now "Yea as if you weren't going to shoot me the day of the baptism, I saw your hand reaching to your back" I say with a scoff

He looks at me with amusement in his eyes "Observant now are we?" he drawls.

The bartender hands me my drink with a flirty smile, I smile back at him but of politeness.

"Didn't realize you had a thing for bartenders" Benjamin says as he looks at the bartender than me.

"Just if they're cute enough" I say as the bartender blushes before turning to look at Benjamin who's glaring at him.

I roll my eyes turning towards Benjamin after he scared the bartender away "When I go back to my table I do not want you sitting there or even in a 10 feet perimeter of me. I have security everywhere and you may be the hot shit in Mexico but here I can have the DEA,FBI and SWAT team in less than 5 minutes. Because correct me if I'm wrong but are you not top five most wanted in America right now?"

His eyes turn from amusement to anger as he looks down at me and he's breathing harshly through his nose "If you think your little weak ass threats scare me, than your completely wrong. I can sit where ever I want with who ever I want. Call them and we'll see who has all the power here and in Mexico."

"Go near my table or anywhere near me again and we'll see if my threats are weak."  I reply with a fake smile on my face as I start to walk away. Before he grabs my wrist with a grip that bruises me.

" Stop all these fucking threats Arely or else you, your family and all your friends will face the consequences. Disrespect me one more time and you won't live to see the consequences"

I give him one final glare before pulling my wrist out of his grip as hard as I can and walk back to my table. My wrists ache and I can immediately feel them bruising.

------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin

I watch her walk away with that stupid sway in her hips. God she infuriates me so much it makes my head explode. With that stupid fucking beautiful dress, and the way it plunges into her chest so low and the way it sparkles so beautifully against the light. She may be a bitch but God she's so beautiful.

Her threats piss me off so bad I contemplated shooting her right there at the Bar. If anything she would be getting into more trouble for having all these corrupt politicians and mob bosses here, and the scandal it would cause would absolutely end her career. Wait.

Something sparks in my head.

If I take pictures of all the criminal guests here and her interacting with them, I could hold them against her. Luckily for me I donated enough so I could bring Lucas.  I hadn't seen him all night but he was still here, so I text him to meet me at the bar.

He's there in less than a minute. " What's up boss?"

"I need you to follow Arely around for the rest of the night, Take pictures and record her interacting with everyone. Doesn't matter how insignificant they are take a picture of everyone she talks to or even says hi to"

Good thing is that Lucas doesn't ask anymore questions and does what I ordered him to do.

I gulp down my cup of mezcal before walking towards her table again, luckily for me she wasn't there and that means I could get in Nicolette's pants. "Excuse me I had to go take a phone call" I tell her smirking and sitting next to her.

"It's fine, we're all going to a club after this. Arely already has a table bought and we wondering if you wanted to come" she says as all the other girls start to laugh annoyingly along with  her.

I agree. And oddly enough my night has just gotten better because I know me being at the club will piss of Arely even more.