Letter #1 - The Beginning

Dear someone,

                Third year high school. That was the year that changed my life. That was the year when I started to fall for someone like you. You were this kid who just underwent puberty. Everyone noticed you. Everyone seemed interested of you. Including me. Everyone put you in a pedestal. I adored you. It seemed that everything you do was spun by fate so that I will fall for you. You may say, I am in the spectrum of being delusional.  But I, the admirer, will always look at you from afar. There was that kind of pulling feeling that drifted my thoughts to you at times when I wander in my mind during afternoon classes. Childish. Trivial. Simple. It was that kind of feeling that would make a girl giggle secretly when someone they like pass by.

They all say, if it was just a fleeting feeling, it will eventually go away. It will go away. Once it does, you will notice things what you have overlooked while you were so infatuated with that person. I noticed how "badoy" you were. I saw that you were kind of "lampa" than the other boys. Then on an unexpected moment I bumped into you. I thought you'd apologize but you didn't. You were rude. I saw what you were and not what I expected you to be. You were a person. As real as any boy that I met at school. You were normal. And not a wattpad dream guy who will sweep me off my feet.

                 I thought those feelings were just temporary. And I really thought that they were gone. You see, I have made the list of why shouldn't like you.

*Based on observation*

1. Everyone seemed to noticed you and I was part of that everyone. (I hate competition when I know I barely have a chance.)

2. I was in a different class section.

3. You were rude.

4. You do not know me. (By the way, we went to the same school for 3 years that time)

                You have always been friends with everyone. And I had a little chances of getting you alone to talk to me because of  #2 and I was afraid of # 3. But it was as if fate was messing with me and gave me a chance to be with you. Midterms exams. I finished answering my test early and I was too tired to wait up for anyone so I decided to go to the cafeteria to eat. Of all the unexpected times that I could have found you, I saw you there. In the hallway, you were with a classmate. There was no background music to make it exciting, in fact it was so normal that if I had just ignored that moment, I would not be writing this. If I was just as sane as any normal person, that moment would have meant nothing to me. But in the back of my head, a timing like that will never come by again. It felt like a defining moment for me. I held my breath for quite a long time. And exhaled like a dragon. If anyone saw that time I probably looked like an idiot. I just had to that to do it to muster some courage and thick skin. I approached as if I saw you by surprise (*not!). I talked to you. That time, my heart was thumping so fast, I could barely speak. But to you, it was as if it was the most normal thing in the world. As if on cue, your friend decided to leave. It was just the two of us in that empty hallway. I looked at the hanging clock, 11:36 am. I could hear you talk to me but I couldn't seem to get what you said. I was just there, staring at you. Gentle breeze swayed. I looked at your kind eyes. You have deep voice and you might have said a joke that I didn't get because I was just there, standing. Half laughing cautiously cause I was so engrossed looking at you, I forgot we were talking. And you stopped. You stared. I was embarrassed and thought of what to say. But, my stomach spoke in behalf of me and mumbled like a dying walrus. And you laughed. You laughed until there were almost tears in your eyes and your stomach ached from laughing. It was humiliating and I walked away but you catch up and placed you arm around my shoulder. You apologized. (while stopping yourself from laughing). It was the start. In that empty hallway, the breeze swayed quietly. That kind eyes of yours again. I knew I will never forget those. It was the start of something. I looked at you with feigned annoyed expression and you were looking at me with an apologetic smile.  It was the start of our friendship.

Love,   Annie