My First Day

"Ok, Veronica, I love you, Be Safe. I am sorry I didn't train you but they will once you get there." my dad stammered through tears.

'Who? Who will train me?' I thought as my dad pushed me out the door slamming it behind me. Wow, he wanted me to leave!

"Well.. this is it. time to live or die." I told my self silently. I started walking out of the naborhood, to the East. It was already late so the sky was a dark grayish blue.

My thoughts always crept into my mind while the day went on until the one largest memory bombarded everything else. My dad said 'they will' who the heck was they! 'They will train me,' what!?!

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a metal trash can hitting the cement. I silently ran to the side of a building. While poking my head around the corner where the sound came from I took out my sword.

I hit the butt of the handle like my dad had shown me to see another blade appear. Then, I realized, I don't know how to use it! I don't even know how to use a weapon!! Panic now was filling my entire body.

I was going to die! I have no way of defending myself! Hide. That was all I could do. Hide! My mind was now screaming. Run. Hide. But where? I took a deep breath to control my thoughts.

'Ok, Veronica, you can do this' I thought. I half ran away from the building. I ran toward the city park. Everything looked so empty. Today was a Friday, normally there would be children playing on the swings or money bars.

But, now there is no more normal. I walked around the play set, admiring how empty and dark it looked. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw a baby swing, swinging back and forth. A small child sat in it, they looked only one or two. My mind sketched in a woman pushing the swing, a mother of the child. The child laughed, and laughed, it smiled in my direction.

The image was beautiful. Then reality struck, the child looked in my direction again, it's smile turned black. It's eyes no longer were lit with life, they sunk into the child skull, rolling backwards. I could start to see bone instead of warm flesh. Cold rotten pale skin covered it's body.

The clothes it was wearing were tattered and ripped. It clawed at the swing for my flesh, food. Thankfully, it was trapped inside the swing and could not get out. I started at it, wondering, why? How? But it finally grew dark. I climbed up the play set and fell sleep.

But my dream was horrid!

------!!-!!--------

This chapter is dedicated to DragonRider03 for helping me continue writing. !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!