Weapons

My dad, who was kicking me out once I reached home, led me to our basement. He opened the wood door and walked down the steps. I shivered, it was always cold down here but not like this. I shut the door behind me and followed him down

Dad must have seen me shiver because he stopped and said, "sorry, it has to be cold to keep the zombies frozen." "You keep zombies down here!" I said in shock. "Yes, it is for my research." My father replied.

"Tell me what you are researching and the secret, please." I begged. He looked at me annoyed,"there aren't just zombies and survivors in this world, Veroni. Since the government has fallen, people who call themselves 'The Force of Armor', TFA for short. They have become a new, destructive government." Now I was listening intently. He continued "This world is very dangerous, Veronica. I don't want you to get hurt."

He grabbed my arm to get me to walk again. I was too shocked, I figured the government has fallen but I didn't expect this. My father dropped my hand as we stood in front of a tall tool cabinet.

It was beige and had spots of rust across the front. He extended his hand and held the metal knob for about two seconds before pulling it open. My mouth dropped. There was guns and blades of all sort. There was something that looked like a box on the bottom shelf.

" Well, here we are, I know it is very small inventory but it'll have to do." I stared at him blankly. 'Small inventory' what was large?! The shelves were overflowing with pistols and shotguns. Knives and swords, who knew someone would need so much!

He ignored my shocked glare and said," One short lesson, Never, Never, Never, use a firearm unless you absolutely have to! It will attract zombies so fast you wont have much time to run. If they are 2 miles away and hear a gun shot they will be eating your warm flesh in about 10 minuets."

All the thoughts started coming to me. 'I am going to die', 'This will be a lot harder than I thought.' "Here hold this" my dad said while handing me an m16a2 with a m203 grenade launcher. I almost fell over when he handed me it.

" Try this on" he said taking the large gun and handing me a black leather gun leg strap that went around my waist and on my right leg. " It looks great and it fits you." My dad said proudly. He turned back to the rusted cabinet and took a silver 9mm pistol and put it in the holster.

"Remember, only if you have to!!" my dad reminded me. " Now, for the blades." He said excitedly. He rummaged through the top shelf until he stopped pulling out a claw like thing.

He placed it carefully on my wrist after asking me to extend my arm. It was a lot lighter than I imaged it to be. On the wrist it looked like wolverine. Sharp metal blades came out like claws from the knuckles. It had a bar to grip at you palm, and rapped around your wrist until about mid lower arm.

As I was staring at it in awe my father was looping another holster around my ankle. Instead of a gun he put a small dagger in it. "One last thing" my dad said handing me a beautiful blade.

It was a sword with a white handle and a sliver blade that faded into a gold tip. He had me hold it as he tied the sword belt around my waist. The blade was perfectly balanced and fit my hand comfortably.

My dad took the sword out of my hand for a demonstration. He held the handle and hit the bottom of it. The sword clicked then another blade identical to the first slid out the end. The beautiful blade was taller than I was, stretched out thin and long.

My dad told me it was like a bow staff, but it had a smaller place to place your hands. Then he swung it over his head and twirled it around gracefully. He used his finger to circle around the center of the handle and one of the blades retracted. Slowly, he placed the sword in the belt.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please comment and tell me if you understand the sword or anything else. I had a little trouble with this chapter. Thanks killjoys!!!! Have an AWESOME summer!! I will write and be on wattpad a lot more. :)