Blind Eye

You're probably wondering at this point what kind of Church hires a person like this, so let me set the scene.

This Trinity United Methodist Church in a small town had most of its decisions made based upon money. Did she make the center money? Yes. The board members of the church are some of the most wealthiest and biggest business owners in town so they are not thinking biblically they are thinking with their pocket. 

Melissa once owned a daycare and preschool of her own called Apple Tree Academy if I am not mistaken. She actually had it closed down based on money issues and to the fact that state shut it down to multiple abuse allegations and those proven and seen by parents first hand. 

Parents went on a school trip with her center. They took their child on a school bus with her. The parent claims that Melissa smacked the child in the face for speaking on the bus. The parents had a first hand account of her laying her hands on children.

When Trinity United Methodist Church hired her for the job of the daycare that I worked for they knew of her current past with abusing children and were okay with it. They called it grace. The thing with grace is you can't twist and distort it. You can't sin and think that the word grace will cover it up. Grace can be a real thing, but not in situations like this. She was going to repeat what she did in the past and she should of never worked with children again. They gave her a second chance. This landed in the trauma of multiple children and staff. 

I remember crying out to Pastor Rick for help and he told me to go to my "Chain of Command" and talk to her about it.

He didn't want to here it or deal with it. Until it was too late.