1.1 pιloт

Voices bounced off the walls of her mind

"Lucy Sable once was able to look upon the sea,"

Dark images blinked through Rory's mind. She could hear the wind bristle as she tried to focus her vision. Once it cleared she was able to see a young girl standing on the edge of a cliff, her pink dress lifting from the ground due to the heavy winds. But the images continued to distort, her brown eyes squinting to the point of exhaustion.

"But someone got her in the water. Now that's where she'll always be,"

Before she realized what was happening, the young girl leaned back slightly, letting her body plummet to the ground below her. Taking her last breath.

"Count to five, enjoy the view. Hope the killer doesn't get you. One, two, three, four, five, you'll never get out of here alive,"

Rory could feel herself gasp as she sprung up from her spot at her desk. Deep breaths emitted from her lips as she scrunched her brows in confusion. She must have dozed off and she didn't even realize it. The brunette let herself catch her breath before looking at her clock, realizing that if she didn't leave soon then she would be late.

She quickly threw on a white turtleneck and her lilac uniform, rushing down the stairs as she fiddled with the top half of her hair, trying to keep it out of her face.

"Hi sweetie," Her mother called out as she filled up a glass of water, watching her daughter scavenger around the living room. Her arms diving into couch cushions and pillows.

"Hi," She responded meekly. An aggravated groan escaped her lips, "Have you seen my keys?"

A playful smirk graced Daphne's face as she lifted up her fingers as the keys jingled in between them.

Rory rolled her eyes, smirking.

"Better hurry up or you'll be late,"

"Well if you hadn't let me make a fool of myself I could have left five minutes ago," She retorted with a chuckle. "Mom—can I ask you something?"

The older women took a sip of her water, "Anything,"

"Do you know anyone by the name of Lucy Sable?"

The mother's body stiffened, "Why...why do you ask?"

"Oh it's...it's nothing. I dozed off at my desk and I had this weird dream, but it doesn't matter, really,"

"Okay," Daphne hesitated.

"And before you even try, no I do not forgive you," Rory said playful, trying to lighten the mood between them.

Her mother groaned, "Rory we've been here one week, can you at least try and give it a chance,"

"Mom—this town smells like fish! I get that the business wasn't really selling back in Boston but...do you really think moving back here was a good idea?"