1.2 pιloт

All night Rory couldn't help but toss and turn, she felt that in one single night her world was crashing down. She didn't want to move in the first place but she couldn't stomach the idea of leaving her mother all by herself. Sometime during the night she heard a light knocking coming from her door, but she locked it before she went to bed, trying to avoid any further conversation with her mother.

Once morning hit, she could feel the bags underneath her eyes as she dragged herself out of bed. The minute the brunette descended the stairs her mother was bombarding her with small talk. Rory kept her features emotionless as she tried to avoid her mother's gaze as much as possible, even if a part of her felt bad for doing it.

She left the apartment without a single word leaving her lips.

Rory knew that she couldn't give her the silent treatment forever, but she didn't want to be wrapped up in her mother's nonsense all over again. Even though the Moore girl was quite reserved, people stayed away from her because of her mother. People would always tease her and make jokes about her beliefs.

This was supposed to be a fresh start. And she didn't want her ruining that.

What the last thing Rory expected was for Nancy to pull her and the others into the kitchen, the girl wanting them to watch a video she caught on her phone the night prior. The video showing a scared Tiffany Hudson, minutes or even seconds before her murder with a shadowy figure lurking in the background.

She screwed her eyebrows together as the others continued to watch it two more times. Bess' body jolted into Ace's as the static of the video frightened her.

"Sorry, gets me every time," She exclaimed before quickly swatting away his hand as he tried to hold hers. "Tiffany Hudson, murdered by a ghost,"

"Okay, you've seen it three times. Can I have it back?" Nancy stated, reaching for her phone.

"You're the one who asked for our opinion," George retorted.

"Because I thought you would help me find another explanation,"

"I think my girl Bess nailed it," Ace said.

"Not your girl. Never will be," The brunette clarified.

"And not just any ghost. Dead Lucy,"

"Okay, not sure she's a credible alternative suspect here, Ace," The Fayne girl rolled her eyes.

"You all know this ghost?" Bess inquired.

"Lucy Sable. She was crowned Sea Queen in the year two-thousand. Disappeared after the celebration, never seen again. Blood on the rocks, a little scrap of her pink dress," Ace explained.

"It's definitely her,"

"Did you just say Lucy Sable?" Rory focused her attention back to the group, the name catching her attention.

"Why? You know her?" The brunette boy asked.

"Lucy Sable once was able to look upon the sea. But someone got her in the water. Now that's where she'll always be," She whispered, losing focus.

The group eyed one another, confused at what she was doing.

"How do you know Lucy's rhyme?" George remarked.

Rory shook her head back into focus, "I—uh, I heard it once,"

"Little kids repeat it all the time. You probably heard it around town," Ace added.

"Unless it had something to do with what you saw last night," Nancy spoke up, catching everyone else's attention.

"What?" Rory scrunched her face.