Chapter 3. The Bachelorette

A week later, the three of us returned to the Leaf Village: Kankuro, myself, and I was there to accompany the Kazekage. Initially, I wasn't planning to come back, but Gaara insisted. It wouldn't be right for the Ambassador of the Sand, and the sister of the Kazekage no less, to turn down work just because of an unfortunate encounter with the Hokage's advisor.

But it wasn't just an unfortunate encounter! It wasn't even a date; it was an embarrassment, an insult – and it makes me seethe with anger!

"Temari!" Kankuro's shout snapped me out of my thoughts. He got up from the couch and pounded his fists on the coffee table. "Why didn't you tell me that Naruto is getting married? You were here, talking to so many people!"

I remained silent, arms folded across my chest, glaring at my brothers. Oblivious to the situation, Gaara waited for my response, while Kankuro persisted.

"He's Gaara's friend, a war hero! We should've been informed!"

"It's alright, Kankuro, there's still time," Gaara tried to reason with him.

"But she should've said something!" Kankuro pointed at me, and I couldn't hold back any longer.

"And couldn't you have mentioned it? As if you didn't get completely wasted at their engagement!" I retorted.

"By the way, Kankuro, you were here too," Gaara interjected softly.

"I... Uhm... Well..." Kankuro slumped back onto the couch, his face turning red, visible even through his makeup.

Satisfied with my victory, I settled back more comfortably on the couch.

"We're heading to the Hokage's office. Are you coming?" Gaara asked.

"No, go ahead! The last thing I need is to run into some uncultured..." I grumbled.

"What are you muttering over there?" Kankuro growled, and I stood up from the couch, determined to give him a piece of my mind.

"I can't, I have a bachelorette party!" I declared, and both of my brothers stared at me as if they had just seen the gates of Konoha for the first time. "Hinata's bachelorette party!"

Amidst sighs of understanding and approval, I ushered the guys out of the hotel room and found myself alone.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned the bachelorette party. Now, I have to go. Well, okay, it's better than dealing with that idiot Nara! The only concern is, if he can affect my ability to work so much, will I be able to handle being an ambassador?

With the whole group of invited guests for the bachelorette party, we cheerfully gathered at the northern gates and set off towards the hot springs. And there it was, Temari's incredible luck! We ended up exactly where we had almost gone with Shikamaru... it made me feel a bit nostalgic. During the journey to the onsen, the girls discussed work and missions. When did we all become so grown-up? And why couldn't we relax even during our leisure time? As we passed through the hotel gates, the nostalgia gradually faded away, and our attention shifted to choosing beauty treatments! We marked everything we wanted to try in the catalogs and headed to warm up in the hot spring.

"Hinata, spill the beans!" Ino demanded as soon as we descended into the warm water.

"Ino!" Sakura interrupted her.

"What? Can't we just be straightforward? Don't pretend you're not interested!"

Hinata seemed a little flustered now.

"Hinata, can you tell us at least something?" Tenten chimed in, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "After all, we're all single and without boyfriends. We envy you!" She smiled, encouraging her friend.