VII

The next day, Jake got up and walked around the valley. He admired the mountains and the vast landscape. It was a view that stretched for hundreds and hundreds of miles.

There were creatures he had never seen before. Plants he could not believe were real. And it was there that he had caught a glimpse of the castle.

The castle of The Nother Realm in all of its beauty and glory. A white construction with fancy architecture and sheer perfection. Jake suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Rebekah smiling at him.

"Hello, it's a pleasure seeing you here." She said to him smiling. Jake smiled back.

"Hey Rebekah, what are you doing here?" Jake asked. She shrugged.

"I don't really know. I've just been wandering around. I love this view." Rebekah said as she fixed her gaze at the wonderful view in front of them. Jake turned around and agreed.

"It sure is breathtaking. It's almost as if I'm dreaming....or I'm in Heaven." Jake said.

"Heaven.... I like that." Rebekah said.

"You know, I was always told that Heaven was the place you went to after you died. But now I see it. Heaven is not a place. Heaven is a state of bliss. A reaction of cast wonder. An emotional feeling. When the tears slip from your eyes and all you can do is let them do their course. You're not sad. You're not depressed. You're simply letting human nature do what it does best. The 'oh my God' of natural wonder. The 'oh' catching your attention. The 'my' relating what you're seeing and feeling to your mind, heart, body, and soul. And lastly, the 'God' being the bliss becoming a part of you as you live in the moment. To me, that is Heaven. And that's what I am experiencing right now." Jake said. Rebekah smiled.

"That was very beautiful." Rebekah said. "and enlightening." Jake smiled. Then, slowly and carefully, Jake and Rebekah held each other's hands. Exactly like the way a couple does. They held their hands and stared out into the open landscape. They didn't know why they held each other's hands but it felt very necessary and so they did it. Without hesitation or question.

They were in the beautiful silence until they both heard Swamp's voice call out.

""Hey Jake! C'mon and get ready for training! The day isn't getting any younger!" Swamp called out. Rebekah chuckled. Jake smiled.

"Alright!" Jake called back and he looked back at Rebekah and smiled at her. "I guess I'll see you later. We can have a meal or something." Rebekah nodded. Jake grinned and started to walk away.

"Jake!" Rebekah called out. Jake looked back at her. "Good luck!" Jake grinned.

"You know it!" Jake said and he walked towards Swamp. Rebekah went on her own merry way.

"I see you two love birds were having a nice little morning conversation." Swamp said. "You love her, don't you?" Jake nodded. "Then you will fight for her. Maybe even die for her."

Jake let this settle in his mind. For some odd reason, the fact that he could die never really entered his mind until now. He hadn't thought about that factor. But now he was, and he personally didn't care for it.

Swamp saw this look on Jake's face and patted him on the back. Jake looked at him and smiled.

"Let's get started." Swamp said and the two began.

~

"You will be learning the art of sword fighting. It is a craft that has been efficient for many yesteryears. The trick is to become the opposite of your opponent. Now, we won't be using actual swords just yet. I will bring those out later on. So for now, we will be practicing with these sticks." Swamp said and he tossed some long sticks onto the ground.