Bejeweled | P. Jackson

London Hope likes crepes, kittens, and jewels. And maybe Percy Jackson.

The characters are eighteen (almost nineteen) in this story. It's been three years since the HoO series ended. 

***

"YOUR EYES LOOK CREEPY," Annabeth said to London Hope as the two of them walked the bustling streets of New York City at seven o'clock in the morning.

London huffed, focusing her eyes back to their regular shade of extraordinary blues. "Thanks, Annie."

The daughter of Athena rolled her eyes at the nickname.

The two girls were definitely a sight, but then again, everyone in New York was. While Annabeth was in an orange t-shirt (the same atrocious orange as the Camp Half-Blood shirts), plain jean shorts, and sneakers, London was definitely dressed to impress. Herself, that is. London Hope didn't dress up for anyone.

Her blonde hair was up in a braided ponytail, and her diamond-studded pins completed her silver-accented outfit. She had a navy blue pinstripe vest on with matching pants and silver block heels.

Of course, London couldn't go anywhere without accessorizing (something Annabeth laughed at affectionately), and her bag, sunglasses, and jewelry all matched.

"I was just warning you," Annabeth insisted. "We don't want to freak any mortals out."

"Right," London nodded, softly grabbing the loose end of her bracelet chain, which concealed her weapons: two twin daggers, gifted to her by the hunters of Artemis. "Can we go see the kittens now?"

"Do you want to hear the day's itinerary?" Annabeth asked the daughter of Plutus. 

"Yes, please."

"First, we're getting coffee, which is where we're going now," Annabeth started. "After that, we're going clothes shopping - maybe at Marshalls or Lulus - because I really need new clothes. Then we get to go see the kittens at the animal shelter."

"In my mind, this is the perfect day," London grinned.

"Then we're going to see Percy."

London's smile faded a bit. "At least I'll get to see Estelle and Sally."

Annabeth rolled her eyes at her friend. "I still don't get why you still don't like him. Even Artemis admitted he was tolerable!"

"It's not that I don't like him," the blue-eyed girl stated. "It's just... we never really had a big friendship moment."

"Oh-kay. Whatever you say, Miss. Sparkles."

The two demigods had their priorities straight, and they were already in the city early in the morning. They had plans to visit Percy and his mom at their apartment that evening for dinner, leaving them with about ten hours for their own personal enjoyment.

London had a fair bit of spending money (scratch that; she had a lot) not only because she was the daughter of the god of riches, but also because she was very ambitious (a trait that Annabeth and London shared). In the fall after the defeat of Gaia, they both managed to be accepted into New Rome University's online program. They were both three years into studying there and they made bimonthly trips to NRU. Annabeth was studying architecture while London was studying business administration and fashion design.

As independent young women, they had bought an apartment in Manhattan together so they could interact more with the mortal world but still be close to Camp Half-Blood. Annabeth had a part-time job as a research worker while London worked three jobs; blogging, clothing retail, and wardrobe stylist.