II - Sign

Astrid's POV

A few day had passed and Raixi is still sleeping. Our friends visited her yesterday and sadly, they couldn't see her awake. And today naman, her cousins will go here. They have to take turns kasi may limit ang visitors na puwedeng pumasok.

I just finished my breakfast and i didn't eat a lot to be honest. Im used to eating with her and i always eat a lot para ganahan din siyang kumain. Today, i wasn't too hungry and i have no appetite pero i still ate. Magagalit si Rai if i don't.

"Miss Astrid, confirmation lang po about sa visitors na pumunta under miss Rai's name." The nurse said.

"Oh let them in, they're Raixi's cousins." I said as the nurse nodded and left.

After a few minutes, her cousins came.
Indigo, Alyster and Nicholas. Her cousins on both her mother and fathers's side.

"Hi, come in." I said and they did.

They went towards Raixi's bed and looked at her with sad eyes.

"Raixi, wake up na. Ang tagal mo, hindi pa naman ako willing to wait." Indigo joked and we laughed.

"May utang ka pa sa'kin, gumising ka diyan." Alyster said.

They're all silly like her.

"Let's do a test nga kung tulog talaga." Nicholas said as he lifted Raixi's arm.

"If her hand falls, gising 'yan." Alyster said and Nicholas let go of her hand. Of course, it fell.

"Ay gising to, p're. Niloloko tayo nito." Nicholas said and we all laughed again.

Their silliness really helps me a lot. Nalilibang ako kahit papaano. They stayed here for more than an hour, i think and we talked to each other most of the time.

They bought lunch din and they ate with me para naman daw may kasama akong kumain. They insisted kaya pumayag na lang din ako.

After we ate, umalis na rin sila. They have their own work din kasi.

I had fun with them here.

While staying here, i would just use my phone or watch our favorite show on the tv. I don't take too long when taking a bath kasi something might happen nanaman. Nadagdagan ang takot ko na iwan siyang mag-isa rito because of what happened and what the doctor said. Im being more careful this time. Im not losing my Raixi. Not just yet.

I was about to go to the mini fridge and take a drink when i saw her hand moved. I saw a nurse passed by and i immediately told her about it.

Raixi's doctor came to check on her. He did the check up a bit early today because of what i said.

"Well this is a good news, Astrid. She might wake up sooner. Not in more than a day or two." He said that made me smile.

"Laban lang ng laban, Raixi. You'll overcome this. Ang layo na ng narating natin, hija. Baka naman." He said and we both laughed.

"I'll go ahead, if she wakes up, sabihan mo agad ako." He said and i nodded.

He left the room and i held Raixi's hand. I looked at her while smiling and kissed her cheek.

"You don't know how happy i am to hear what he said, mahal. I don't even think, i can still sleep at this point. I have to tell them about this." I said as i took my phone and called her mom first. She was so happy while we were talking. She'll go here raw tomorrow and she tell the others about it.

"Mahal, you made us all happy just by moving your hand. I planned so many things na we can do, mahal." I said.

I received a message on my phone and it's from mom.

Mom

- Anak, i heard about Rai.

- Me and your dad will visit there agad if she wakes up, ha?

Ok, mom -

- Im sure you're really happy right now, anak.

- Raixi's strong talaga.

Right?! I planned some many things to do with her, mom so limited lang ang time niyo for visit kasi we'll spend time together 😜 -

- Grabi ka naman, anak!

It's girlfriend's time, mom. All mine muna! -

- Sige, if you say so 🤣

I laughed as i took the bottle of water that i was supposed to take kanina. After i drank some, i immediately prepared her clothes that she'll change into for tonight.

I only wipe her with wet towel that i washed with soap and warm water for now since i of course can't take her to the bathroom and bathe her.

I stayed by her side the whole day, i didn't even use my phone that much. I just kept waiting for her.

Just by looking at her, i already forgot about my surroundings. Im so damn inlove with this girl to the point that im not willing to love someone else anymore. She's more than enough for me. She's everything that i need.

I didn't even notice how much time had passed.

"Ma'am Astrid? There's a delivery for you po." A nurse said as i stood up and saw her holding a bag of food.

"Oh thank you for bringing it here, was it payed already?" I asked and she nodded.

"Thank you." I said and she left.

I didn't order anything though. I took my phone and saw that Raixi's dad messaged me.

Tito Tobias

- I sended some food for you, anak.

- Finish it para may energy ka when Rai wakes up.

Thank you, tito. -

- I should be the one thanking you, anak. For looking after Raixi.

- Nakapagpahinga ang tita mo because you came there.

Im willing to stay here with her anytime, tito. -

Im just doing my best as her girlfriend po, tita stayed here for almost a week po, she deserves to rest well. -

- Buti nga at pumunta ka riyan, anak.

- She didn't want to go home.

- Kumain ka na, anak. Paki-update nalang kami tungkol kay Raixi.

Noted po, tito. Thank you po ulit. -

Im more than lucky to be treated this way by Raixi's parents. I really didn't expect na we'll get along well like this despite how shock they were when they knew that Raixi likes girls. We didn't think that they'll accept our relationship pero they did. They support Raixi with everything as well as my parents does to me. We're both lucky to have parents like them.