Chapter 5

Warning: Strong language, violence, sexual assault

Fear was written on the faces of the two kids entrapped in the cage.

Look at them. One older man taunted as the room full of crazy old men began laughing.

The helpless kids outside tied with ropes looked on in helplessness.

Come on out kitty. One whispered as the two kids held onto each other in fear.

Kitty,kitty

After her refusal to come out, the scary old man in the chair rose up and dragged her by the hair from the cage as the other male child cried on helplessly.

He dragged her across the floor as she screamed and twirled in pain as the others looked on cheerfully.

The other child could not look on anymore as he dragged his severely wounded body on the ground crawling after them.

He didn't make it far when someone stomped on him and dragged him in the opposite direction. 

He succumbed to darkness as he saw the scary man and a few other men disappear into the room with the other child...

At the other end of the globe, the air in the police station was concentrated with silence and sorrows.

Everyone lost in their own world since the demise of Chief David Esuienxz.

He was a jovial person who was scary sometimes as the chief.

He would occasionally host and sponsor dinners and parties after successful cases.

Irrespective of how evil he looked sometimes, he still defended them against the world.

Who would have guessed the very next victim would be one of their own.

It's harsh of reality to take away someone you had an encounter with just 80 hours ago.

It makes it feel like a dream and that one is going to wake up suddenly and realize it was all an illusion.

Is death real?

Is it a prank?

The real pain begins setting in when the deceased is finally buried.

When his responsibilities keep piling up and there's no one to do it, then the reality check sets in.

The appointment of a new commissioner became the reality check for some of them.

Chief was no more.

He was no more part of the living.

He was gone.

This incident became the trending topic the next few days as it caused public panic and fear.

Death

Humans cowardly sympathize with families of the deceased as a form of kindness or tradition and demand justice for the deceased.

The most painful sorrow that builds up within a person is when death snatches one of their very own.

Then they begin to slowly and truly sympathize with others not out of manners or kindness.

The minister of defense went public with an apology and assurance.

It was hell for the department the next few days as the people rained insults on them with some going the extra mile to vandalize the Bureau.

The beautifully sculptured woman walked majestically to the half dead man tied in the chair in her red six inch heel.

We meet again. She smiled as she bent down to his level.