Chapter 5

I get in my room and just lay in my bed for minute. I begin to remember last summer and cry. I can still smell weed and how he blew the strong smell in my face. His hands wrapped around my neck as he forcefully pressed his body against mine. I screamed "Stop! Please, you're hurting me!" but he wouldn't listen. He just continued until he was done. I couldn't believe what had happened. I had been violated, disrespected, and hurt by my own boyfriend, well ex boyfriend.
Every summer I would visit my grandparents in Colorado. I always loved it there, especially during the summers. One summer I met this boy at the grocery store. He was around 5'11 and had the scruff bearded look that teenage girls love. I knew he was older, but in the moment I didn't care. He was wearing the stores uniform so I kind of figured out he worked there. I looked at his name tag and saw "Caleb" on it. I walked up to him and asked if he could show me what aisle the bread was on. Obviously I knew where it was, but he didn't know that and it worked. He motioned me to follow him. When we had finally reached where the bread was, he looked at me with this smile that could put me in a trance for eternity.
"Here's the bread. If you need anything else, you know where to find me."
"Thank you." I said a little dazed from his spell. It was almost as if he knew how to control how I felt.
A couple days later I had ran into him again. Literally. I had gone for a jog early in the morning and I thought I heard someone calling my name. I turned a little and when I didn't hear it, I just figured I was hearing it. When I turned back around he was ran right into me.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't even see you there! Are you okay!?" I said nervously. I hoped he didn't recognize me from the store.
"I'm fine, don't worry. It's...Hey! Aren't you the girl from the grocery store?"
"Uh...yeah that's me." I said nervously, "I didn't even think you remembered."
He smirked a little bit and got closer and said, "How could I forgot those dimples."
That's how it all started, and well you know the rest.