Chapter 6

I push the thought away and focused on Cameron. I can't worry about my past and need to focus on him right now. After all Caleb is locked up and far away from me.

I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom. I hear and knock on the door. It's Cameron.

"Hey you've been in here awhile, I was...wait, were you crying?" He ask.

"Um, yeah but I uh...I'm alright." I say nervously. He walks towards me and grabs my face. I feel his warm finger tips brushing the side of my face softly.

"I know we're just getting to know each other, but I want you to know that you can talk to me about anything." he says, "I don't want you to think you can't. I'm actually a really good listener."

"It's okay, really." I say trying to convince not only him but me, "it's nothing to worry about."

"I'm not buying it, but I'm not gonna push you to tell me anything you don't want to."

"Thank you." I say with a smile, "I'm going to take a quick shower and I'll be out so we can cuddle."
He leans in and kisses me on the forehead. "Okay, I'll be waiting." He says.

He leaves the room and I close the door behind him.

I get out the shower and smell popcorn. Mmm, my favorite! I go towards my closet and see if I can find my giraffe onesie. "Ah here it is." I say to myself.
I quickly put it on and put my hair in a messy/cute bun. I open the door and go downstairs.

I see Cameron getting the popcorn out the microwave and nearly burn himself while looking at me.

"I've never seen such an attractive giraffe in my life." Cameron says smiling in between words.

"I figured you would." I say jokingly.

"Well, I popped some popcorn just in case you wanted something to munch on." He says. I wanna munch on something but it isn't popcorn.

"Popcorn is my favorite! There's never not a good time to eat popcorn." I say. We both laugh and walk over to the couch.

"I changed the movie if that's okay with you." Cameron says.

"Yeah of course, what movie?" I ask a little bit curious.

"Can't buy love."

"No. fucking. way!" I say, "That is one of my favorite movies! My older sister and I use to watch it all the time before she left for college."

"I was hoping you would like. I know it's kind of a girly movie but I'm really into 80's films. He replies.

I smile at him and just stare at his face. I notice a few light freckles across his face and his  bright pink lips as he talks. He's such a beautiful human being.

He puts the movie inside the DVD player, grabs a blanket, and makes his way back to the couch. I come a little closer to him and he puts his arms around my shoulders as I rest my head on his chest. I can feel his heart beating and I've never felt such a connection before. It's like I'm communicating with his heart.

We sit there cuddling and occasionally exchange glances at each other. I look up at him and smile like I've done a thousand times before. I don't say anything, I don't need to. He finds his way to my lips and kisses them softly.

My eyes are getting heavy and I fight the urge to keep them open. I don't want to fall asleep on Cameron, but my eyes won't stay open. I let myself fall into a peaceful sleep as I curl as close as possible to Cameron.