A Contest of Sorts For Anyone Interested

As the title of this "story" says, this is a place to submit pieces you want me to consider for publishing in an online literary magazine I run called the SPOT Lit.

You may have a ton of questions, so I'll try to answer them one by one.

* * *

1. What is this?

This is a place to submit your works to be considered for publication in the SPOT Lit. If that is all you want to know, you don't have to read anything after this. But if you are curious about who I am and why I am doing this, continue reading.

Here is the link to the literary magazine for those curious: www.spotlitmag.com

* * *

2. Who the hell am I?

I don't know how you know me, or maybe you don't. Both are fine. For those of you who don't know me, let me introduce myself.

I am a random person on the internet who goes by BTSXPRESS. My original account is BTSXPRESS. This is my alt. I have held five awards on Wattpad called the CHAMPION AWARDS, all of which are archived on this alt account because they had no business collecting dust on my main account. I also wrote reviews for people on Wattpad and have written my own stories. If you are wondering about my qualifications, you can look at the awards (which are just reposts of the real thing), the stories I wrote, and my review shop.

That is my connection to Wattpad.

Outside of Wattpad, I am a nobody who has held on to this literary magazine for two years. There, I said it. That is all I will say.

* * *

3. Why the hell am I tagging people?

You see, I told you I have this literary magazine, yes? Well, apparently, it has traffic. And I don't have any more stories to publish in it. I get updates like Google sending emails to tell you how much you're helping the community because 10 people have seen your post.

Except for me, I'm getting numbers in the hundreds every month. And to be honest, I don't know how.

But I do know one thing: I want to continue the magazine.

That is where you come in. I first started awards on Wattpad to provide more opportunities to writers, and from the awards, I began my magazine. Now, I have over 70 works by me and different writers from all over the world published in the magazine. At first, I tried to make the magazine "legit" and referenced other literary magazines to make my own, but guess what I learned?

There is no correct way to run a magazine. That took me two years to realize, y'all. Two years.

God, that's embarrassing.

So I'm doing what I want to do now. If you have works that you don't think other literary magazines will accept, if you have works that are too long to fit the word count for other literary magazines, if you have fanfiction (that is not based on a story or other intellectual property) other literary magazines reject, if you have screenplays or weird stories without a place, then I'll give you a place here on the SPOT Lit.

Seriously, you don't know how much I get sick and tired of seeing word counts and genres and "genre works." There is a place for everyone except those who don't have a place. And even if you have a place, this can be your place. So that's why I run this magazine: to make a place for works that don't fit in the traditional sense of literary magazine publishing.

There is only one condition to be published in the SPOT Lit: make me feel something after reading your work. That feeling can be anger, hatred, love, annoyance, disgust, happiness— I don't care. Make me feel something. 

You probably read this quote in the description, but I'll put it here again anyway:

"All writing is a lie, but what you feel while reading... Now that's the truth. It's wonderful—how many truths writers can create from simple lies."

That is my motto. If you can create a truth for me, if you can make me feel anything after reading your work, you're in.

That doesn't mean I will accept every work. There will be some I reject, but remember, I am one person on the internet. Publishing is subjective. It is, was, and always will be subjective. The same goes for me. I am subjective, and my opinions are just that. Opinions. I am just a random person on the internet at the end of the day. Don't let my opinions make you feel bad. And if they do, send a "screw you" to me. It won't offend me. It truly won't. But if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Also, I must add that I have been strict on writing in the past and have rejected works, like plays, for formatting. I will not do that anymore. I have realized how shitty it is to reject a work for formatting when formatting is nothing. The contents are what is important. So, if I have ever offended anyone (and I know I have), I apologize. I told myself I wouldn't be like the other literary magazines, but here I was exactly like them.

Now that you have read all my useless ramblings, you can decide whether to continue. I'll explain how to submit your work in the very, very loose "guidelines."

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a good day.

BTSXPRESS