51 | Friday, December 31, 1984

"Look how just walked in." Tommy yells out. It was now the New year's party. Billy and I had gotten there a little after 8. It's now 11. 1 more hours. We've been drinking, playing games, messing around. I'm sitting at a table with Tommy, Carol, and Billy. I look the direction Tommy was pointing to and see Nancy. What the hell is she doing here. "Tina invited her..." Carol says rolling her eyes. "Yeah as a joke... she wasn't supposed to actually show up." Carol shakes her head. "No Tina felt bad. She actually invited her." Carol gets up and goes to get a drink. I roll my eyes and walk away. I start going to the group Billy had been talking to but I see something out of the corner of my eye. "Who'd you bring with you tonight... Steven or Jonny boy?" Tommy asks laughing. Nancy ignores him. "Hey. Slut. I'm talking to you." Tommy laughs. "Fuck off Tommy." She says under her breath. "You go fucking Steve for a little, get bored, switch to that pervert, and then back to the old Steve huh?" Tommy says. Nancy rolls her eyes. "You know why? Because your a fucking slut. Come on everyone knows it's true." Tommy is now touching his hands on her knee. "Tommy get off of me." Tommy laughs and talks in her ear. "Come on slut. Don't go all shy on me now." His hands are now trailing higher and higher up her thigh. I push through the crowd, leaving Billy with his friends. "You heard her Tommy! GET THE FUCK OFF HER!" I tell at him. He takes his hands off. "Relax! We all know it's just the truth. What are you going to do about it?" I push him back hard, which makes him jolt back. "Fuck. Off." Nancy gets up, tears filling her eyes and runs back to her car. She drives off before I could say anything. I run back to Billy. "Go get your asshole friend and beat his fucking ass." I say. Billy looks at me and laughs. "The hell did he do. Bet it's nothing out of the normal." I shake my head. "Tell him to get his hands off my best friend. And tell Carol he was doing fucked up shit." Billy raises his eyebrows. "Relax. He's fine he's over there now..." I nudge him. "Really?! Billy I just watched it happen! It's fucked up! She drove off. I don't even want to be here. I want to go home!" Billy sighs. "The party's not over yet Audrey. Chill the fuck out. Stop fucking yelling in my face." Billys now more aggressive. But I'm sick of it. "Billy I didn't even want to come to this stupid party anyway! You just wanted to go because you what to drink and party and talk, because your king of hawkins correct? IS THAT ALL YOU FUCKING CARE ABOUT?" I yell back. He rolls his eyes angry and I turn my back and walk away. I look up at the crowd of people, and automatically feel a shift in my mindset. Billy turns me around and opens his mouth to say something. I'm looking around, having a hard time focusing on anything. My body starts to feel shaking and light. I feel like I could fall over at any moment, yet just start floating. I start looking down at my hands, that are squeezing together to get some type of real feeling. My heart starts pounding fast and I start fighting tears. Not right now. Please not right now. This was happening all so fast, yet I feel like I was experiencing it in slow motion. I start questioning if this is all real or not. Am I dreaming. Wake up Audrey. Wake the fuck up. I find myself walking through the crowd of people, freaking out. "Woah.. hey what happened?" Billy asks grabbing my arm. I look at him with a blank stare, tears rubbing down my face. "Woah... woah... Audrey? What the fuck happened?" I start making my way up to the bathroom, holding onto the railing, afraid I may fall. Billy is following behind me. "Audrey stop. What the fuck are you doing?" I run to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I stand by the sink, splashing water on my face. "Wake up! Please wake the fuck up!" I yell at myself, crying in the mirror. "What the fuck are you talking about?!" Billy asks behind the door, trying to open it. "Audrey open the door..." I sit down on the floor and starts crying, and I cant stop. I feel like shit right now and I can't help it. "Audrey please just open the door..." I still sit there, tears running down my face. I want to go home. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR AUDREY!" Billy yells one last time, now aggressively twisting the door knob. I get up, shake myself off and open the door walking past him. "Audrey!" He grabs my shoulder and puts me face to face with him. "What the fuck happened?" He says. "I'm having a fucking panic attack okay.... CAN WE JUST GO HOME!" I hear cheering in the background. "3...2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!" People scream and yell. Instead of having my new years kiss, I'm breaking down, arguing with my boyfriend. Happy fucking New Year.