59 | Friday, March 29, 1985

"Happy birthday!" I swing my arms around Billys neck and he wraps his around mine. "Woah sweetheart! I just barely woke up." I laugh at him and give him a kiss. It was easter break, and Billys birthday. I had gotten dressed up and walked to Billy's house to surprise him. We head inside and I sit him down on his couch. "Audrey? Your here early?" I smile at Susan who just came out of her bedroom. She comes over to me and gives me a hug. "Happy birthday Billy." Billy hugs her too. "Thanks Susan." She smiles big and makes a cup of coffee. "Um your Dad left for work already. He told me to tell you happy birthday from him." I look at Billy and he's biting at his inner cheek. "Oh... well thanks." I practically throw the little box I had been holding in my hand right at him. "What's this?" I smile. "Your present! Open!" He shakes his head smiling. "You didn't have to get me anything." I roll my eyes. "Oh be quiet..." He opens the box and smiles at the brand new Bulova A-17A watch. He gives me a big hug. "Thank you sweetheart. I love you." He kisses me and puts it on. "Okay okay! Get ready. I'm taking YOU out this time." Billy laughs. "Where we going?" I smile. "Wherever you want for breakfast!" He picks me up and takes me to his room. Susan was just laughing at us and drinking her coffee. Billy gets dressed and we start walking out the door. We drive to Denny's which was his first pick. We order, eat and I start getting the check together. I pull out my polaroid that I had snuck in my bag. "Put these on." I hand Billy these big pink girly sunglasses. "What the fuck?" I laugh at him and put them on his face. "Smile!" He sarcastically smiles and I laugh and take a picture. "Oh you've got to be shitting me." The Denny's workers start coming out, singing and making their way to the table. I'm dying of laughter. "I'm gonna fucking kill you..." Billy says through his teeth, still with a big fake smile. They finish their song and give him his free short stack birthday pancake. He finished eating and I pay for everything else. We start driving back home to his house. "So... Thank you for everything.... But you know what I really want for my birthday?" Billy says driving, with a big smirk on his face. "Yeah I do... Why do you think I was saving the best for last?"