Chapter 1

A/n: the ages don't matter their all in their late 20s
---------------------------------------------------------

"GOD DAMNIT!!! LILY!! I CAN'T FIND MY PHONE"  eda yelled. Lilith shook her head and sighed. "Edalyn you phone is in your pocket"  Lilith said. Eda checked her pocket and pulled it out. "Oh-.. My bad.. "  eda said nervously.   "Yeah yeah, just hurry to work" Lilith said. "Oh yeah! Okay see you later sis!!" Eda said as she ran off, as she opened the door, she saw a note and a rose. She rolled her eyes, as Lilith walked up. "Okay this is ridiculous.. " Lilith said. "Your telling me.. Just throw it out" eda said "I don't know.. Maybe you should try and get back out there.." Lilith said. ".. No, I'd rather not" eda said looking down. "Well alright.. Though maybe.. The one who got away.. Might find their way back" Lilith said with a smirk. "... You need to stop watching those rom coms.. " eda said, then left.

Now they lived in new York City everything was pretty much walking distance. As eda walked to the company she worked at and clocked in. She walked to her department and sat down at her desk and too a deep breath. "Yo! Eda what's up?" Darius said leaning over her "hey gay boy, what can I do ya for?" She asked looking up at him. "Nothing, nothing, just beard there's someone new coming to our department" he said. "Oh shit? Really." Eda asked. "Yep, maybe odalia will stop tryna bother you" Darius said, eda chuckled. "So t wish that on someone, besides putting that bitch in her place is the only fun I get around here" eda said. Darius looked over and saw odalia walking by. "Speak if the devil.. " he mumbled.

Meanwhile, the new employee walked through. Raine whispers, as they walked through someone walked up to them. "Hey, you must be the new person" Raine smiled. "Ah yes! I am" they said. "Oh, well my names Steve" he said. "Raine.. " they responded. "Nice to meet you-" Raine looked over, and saw who they believed to be someone they knew and Steve caught on. "Oh, that's eda, I don't know her well, but I'm friends with her sister" Raine smiled. "Yeah don't get any ideas, she rejects everyone who's asked her out" Steve said. Raine blushed slightly. "Don't worry, I know her" Raine said walking over hearing what was going down. "You know I'm not surprised, I always knew there was nothing special about you, even the person you used to date all those years ago realized it" odalia said. Eda smirked. "Yes, I did used to be in a relationship.. But tell me, how was the divorce?" Eda asked.  Odalia froze, "oh, probably a relief for poor alador, but why, what do I know" eda said. "Why you little-" odalia was interrupted by Raine walking by. "Now odalia, we all know eda will out you back in your place, so stay in it" Raine said, leaning on a wall. Eda's eyes widen, Darius's jaw drop and he had to keep from laughing. "Darius, great to see you again" Raine said looking at him. Then looked over at eda. "Lord calamity, you haven't changed a bit" they said with a smile, making eda blush, and she avoided their gaze.  "Il see you guys later" Raine said. Then walked off. Everyone was silent.  Odalia just left, and Darius looked at eda with smug look. "Not a word Demonne.. Not a word" eda said, Darius sighed, then left.

Eda tried her best to keep her mind off what just happened, and got to work. Although no matter what all she could think about was how Raine spoke to her, the look they gave her. Every time she tried to think of something else, her mind always found a way to think of Raine.

When it was time for her break, she was just sitting by herself, trying to relax, when she could feel someone standing over her. She looked up and saw Raine.  Eda went a little link in the cheeks. "Nice to see you, calamity" they said, eda smiled slightly. "O-oh.. Raine hey.. That was.. Some entrance" eda said. "I learned from the best" they said then winked at her. "O-oh.. Haha.. Um.." Eda's words wouldn't come out, so she just decided to shut up. "However you been?" Raine asked. "Um.. Fine.. " eda mumbled. "Well I say someone like you deserves to be doing a lot better than just fine, but I'm glad your okay" raine said. Eda couldn't help but smile.  "Ah.. Well um, thanks, rainestorm-" eda immediately stopped,and Raine chuckled. "Haven't heard that in a minute" Raine said. "Ah well.. I haven't seen you in a minute" eda replied. "Yeah I know.. Sorry" Raine said, with a soft smile. "Hey, it's alright, we're all good" eda said. "Amazing.. Hey if you give me your number, maybe we can find a place to catch up" Raine said, eda smiled and blushed. "Ah.. I-i don't know" eda said, holding the back of her neck. "Oh come on, since when does the infamous Lord calamity, back down from a challenge" eda smiled, and chuckled. "You got me" eda said, and the two exchanged numbers. Taught as Raine left, eda snapped out what she was in to act like that, and face planted and sighed.