Chapter 9 : Warmth Surprise

Berry's POV

"Hey Berry, sorry to interrupt, but I just got an important phone call. Take your time and go ahead with the ordering when you're ready. Don't wait for me, okay?"

I replied: "Ok, take your time."

He gave me a smile and left the restaurant in a hurry.

As I patiently waited for him to return, my eyes remained fixed on the intriguing menu before me. There were a lot of different traditional Japanese foods such as; sushi, ramen, teriyaki... "I don't know what I should order, they are all quite expensive..."

As my eyes darted back and forth, undecided by the captivating pictures on the menu, my wallet reminded me that my budget was limited. After an inner struggle, I decided to order a salmon roll (8 pieces) and a bowl of miso ramen. The salmon roll was a special treat reserved for Vincent, knowing how much he adored the salmon on it.

These two dishes, along with whatever Vincent decides to order later should suffice." I pondered.

As I pondered, Vincent was back.

"Apologies for the wait; it took longer than expected," he said apologetically.

"No problem, that's fine."

"By the way, I went ahead and ordered a salmon roll for you, knowing how much you enjoy it. Feel free to pick anything else you'd like, and that should be enough to satisfy our appetites," I added with a warm smile.

Vincent's POV

"Phewww, seems like Berry didn't notice anything about my sudden leaving."

With utmost care and tenderness, Berry delicately fed me the scrumptious salmon roll using his chopsticks. I could sense a hint of anticipation in his gesture, as if he was gently testing whether I would like this intimate act of sharing food.

I deftly grasped a salmon roll with my chopsticks, and with a gentle motion, I offered it to him, placing the delectable morsel into his waiting mouth. To show consent to his action.

As the clock struck 5:30 PM, we had enjoyed a delightful afternoon participating in a few novel activities together. Interestingly, one of those activities was entirely new to us and required a different kind of protection......... fencing. It added a humorous twist to our day, making the experience all the more memorable.

With the day winding down, I made the decision to take Berry to the park before sending him home, for the surprise...

Berry's POV

As we strolled through the park, the fresh air enveloped us, and our senses were treated to the sight of vibrant flowers lining the rocky path. The gentle melody of birdsong filled the air, creating a serene ambiance that added to the tranquility of our walk.

We found a bench and sat down, watching the calm shimmering pond together while I leaned my head on his shoulder, relaxing together. Mesmerized by the radiant light of the sunset, I gazed at its enchanting hues mirrored in the serene surface of the pond.

"Can you close your eyes for a second?" asked Vincent politely.

I closed my eyes as he asked me to, and he gently placed something on my wrist. I could feel the weight of the object surrounding me."

"You can open your eyes now," said Vincent excitedly.

The first thing that caught my eyes was a silver bracelet on my wrist. When I looked carefully at it, the words Berry & Vincent were engraved on the surface of the bracelet.

"Berry, I hope you like this gift—it's the first of many I wish to give you as your boyfriend."

"Of course, I love it!" I exclaimed, enveloping Vincent in a big hug.

"Actually, I have something for you too."

I took a warm wool scarf out of my backpack and happily placed it around his neck."

"Vince, d-do you like it? I made it myself last night." I said with a trembling voice.

Vincent returned my affectionate gesture with a heartfelt hug.

After this heart-touching moment between Vincent and me, we walked together to the bus station and boarded the bus that would take us home. As we sat side by side, basking in the glow of our wonderful day, it felt like the perfect punctuation mark for our magical date. 

_________________________________________________________