Chapter 27-Day Two of Therapy

Leati's POV

The therapist wants to see me alone today. I don't want to go without Kailey because this is supposed to be about us, so we can get back on track. I especially wanted Kailey here after yesterday's session because we didn't talk on the way back to the hotel and she slept in the kids' room while the babies stayed in my room. We went from making love all day and all night to complete distance...I feel like I'm in a fucking desert without water...I hate this and I already know why she's not speaking to me. It was that damn confession I made about dating someone while pursuing her. I loved that woman before I knew what real love was and I don't want something that happened damn near fifteen years ago to ruin what we have.

"What are you thinking about, Joseph?" Doctor Takeda asked me.

"Just Kailey and our past together..." I said honestly.

"Tell me about it." She said.

"I'm angry about the confession I made yesterday about being with someone while I was pursuing Kailey. I feel like I made her rebuild the walls that I got her to put down the day before." I said.

"And how did you make her bring down those walls, Joseph?"

"We actually talked without yelling or trying to kill each other. We were bonding while breastfeeding one of my sons...and it was just so beautiful to be able to be a part of that....emotions ran high between us and we made love all night, and before we came to your office for our first session me made love again, and again, and again. It felt so right and I'm not willing to give that up." I said honestly.

"The sex or Kailey?" The therapist asked. I was so confused at the question.

"What?"

"You said you weren't willing to give that up, but you didn't specify whether you were talking about your relationship with Kailey or your relationship with her sexually." I was stunned. "Tell me when you and Kailey have the best sex and be honest?" She asked.

"The best sex is make-up sex, but I can honestly say the best sex I ever had with her was when I first took her virginity and when we made love for the first time when she came back into my life."

"So, the sex hits differently when there is...how can I put this...when there is a non-conventional situation around it is when the sex is the best sex for you?"

"Why would you say something like that? You make it sound so wrong." I was kind of offended.

"All the sex you and Kailey have at the height of its glory is or was surrounded by chaos. When you have make up sex there was a bad fight, when you made love to her for the first time after she got back you were married, and when you took her virginity you were 20 and she was 16. There's something almost problematic about everything that you do to or for her. I think you do it because you are co-dependent on drama because when things get good again Kailey sheds her old skin, so she is like new to you. And with your history of dating you never stay in a relationship to long without cheating, you also move on the next new thing. It explains your career path as well, there's always something new on the road, so you never get bored. By causing Kailey pain and building her up after in a way creates a new Kailey, so you are never bored with her because she changes whether it is negative or positive. I think subconsciously you are trying to keep the relationship fresh in the best way you know how, so you don't stray. I have no doubt that you love Kailey, but there is something warped about it." Woah...that hit me right in the heart, I didn't really know what to say. "Joseph what was your relationship like with your parents?"

"Um, it was fine. Mom and I are really close and in recent years my father and I have become close again." Leati said.

"It's interesting that you call your father 'father' instead of dad. What was your relationship like with him?"